Droid X Themed Launcher Pro

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by roll3r, Jun 29, 2010.

1. roll3r

roll3r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Posted this a few days ago in Fab's theme thread, but it's since been long buried, and I've made a few updates to it. I can't seem to get drocap to capture the app drawer, so no screen shot of that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5993579/LauncherPro-X.apk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: I've noticed that even with the stock Launcher Pro installed, if I try and re-install the stock .apk it fails. If you uninstall Launcher Pro and then install this .apk it will work. I've only tested it on my phone, currently running Sapphire 0.6.2. Shouldn't need to push it and then change permissions. But, if someone could point out what, if anything, I've done wrong, please let me know! Still trying to learn this stuff.

#1 roll3r, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  2. sruel3216

sruel3216 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it wont install for me. any ideas?

3. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    didn't try it myself

First off you must be rooted to use customized files.

Im guessing since its been edited you need to push it to system/app manually then set permissions. Not just click on it and choos install.

If you have root explorer this is simple to do.

Sorry im no help when using other ways to push it to the phones system/app folder.

Once its there you need to long press on it and choose permissions and set them to 6.4.4

then reboot and it should work. If you currently have the stock non-ecited one in data/app I have found that if you keep them both it will still show in market as installed to notify you when updates are available, but you will have to re-edit customized png's whenever there is an update.

4. sruel3216

sruel3216 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok yea i jsut tried the installer from market. i am rooted tho.

so download root explorer? do i need to uninstall launcherpro before installing this? or install over?

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    again I didn't try this one

but with my edited one I didn't uninstall it.
    I left the stock one I d/l'd there [in data/app] then I used root explorer [paid app well worth the price though] to copy and paste this edited one from sdcard to system/app [sounds like its your first time] so once you pasted launcherpro's apk in system/app long press on it to set permissions Ill post a pic of how they should look. My pic is for edited setcpu but its the same settings. Once you set them like thise you should reboot then re-add the widgets to your desktop and your done. Hope this helps.

[​IMG]

#5 MAD450r, Jun 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  6. sruel3216

sruel3216 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    awesome! downloaded that app and worked perfect! thanks for the help!

7. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Glad I could help

Yeah was one app I cant live without now that I been theming apps and other things :)

This method you just did works on most things. so your next step would be to use root explorer to copy any app you want to edit from data/app to your sdcard. then mount to pc and use 7zip to coy files you want to edit to your pc work folder. then edit [ I like to erase backgrounds to make transparent] then once done you drag the edited files back to the still open 7zip make sure to place back into the same folder they were in. Once done you can then close 7zip. Now go back to phone and use root explorer and move the edited one to system/app as you just did this one and you'll have your own customization ;)

with a little time and effort you can make your own theme pretty much :)

8. sruel3216

sruel3216 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats cool! i will definitely start messing around with that program. thanks again

9. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    I will be themeing a LP later also, I think.

It's very helpful to sign the .apks so that people can just install them, and not have to worry about root explorer and whatnot!

10. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I did try it once

it didn't get updates and still didn't install properly so to me its a waist of time.
    I can reinstall all my edited stuff in one shot then reboot and im done so to me its much faster and easier to not bother to resign them. thanks for your input though :)

11. roll3r

roll3r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I'm a bit new to this (so I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere!) but the .apk is signed and installs through Package Manager just fine on my phone. Tested it again just to make sure, straight download from my Dropbox account. May have something to do with the ROM I'm using.

12. czonin

czonin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would anyone be able to make this for MM?