Droid X Text message salvage

boomer539

Reaction score
I just dropped my Droid X and the screen is cracked and wont light up, now i understand that i'm going to need to get a new one really soon, but i've noticed that it stayed on for quite a while before it officially died and i realized that i wont be able to view the 20 or so messages that i received before it died. I've searched the internet all day for tips and have tried a bunch of ridiculous things (including watching a youtube video and trying to press the buttons along with him) but i can't seem to figure anything out. Does anyone know of an app i can use on my computer to extract the messages? Oh, and my phone isn't rooted (I was waiting another month for the 1 year manufacturer warranty to expire.) It can still be used but i can't see where i'm selecting... I hope to hear from you guys soon

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not aware of any app for that purpose.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

bobniborg

Reaction score
well, there are apps to backup you messages to sd card, Im just not sure there is one you can run with a bad screen like that. You would need to usb your phone to the computer, maybe try exploring for them that way???

OP
B

boomer539

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've tried doing those things but then i realized that i had a lock on my screen after 20 minutes, so I guess i'll have to try it again sometime when i have another day to mess with it. If anyone else thinks of anything, even if they're just small ideas, I wouldn't mind. lol