Droid X text message lag

GolfingGuy6

Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents...new here and I love my phone..but I have no problem...since yesterday..probably around 5 or so..when ever I am sending text messages the words don't show up on the bar that I am writing it in. I'll type one word and then it will reset and I have to go to the keypad again to type another word and on and on.

Anyone else have this problem? I brought it to the store I bought it at and the guy just said "write slower" which is complete B/S.

Any ideas?

milski65

Reaction score
Try settings/applications/manage applications/all and find your keyboard. Clear cache and data. It may clear your issue.

aimless

Reaction score
Try settings/applications/manage applications/all and find your keyboard. Clear cache and data. It may clear your issue.

Yep, this lag issue and keyboard problem was bothering me for a while! I cleared the cache like you said and it's back to normal. Thank you!!!!

kfelt18

Reaction score
Thanks

I had the same problem and that cleared it up immediately!

shopgirlks

Reaction score
here is the fix for lagging text on droid x2

go to settings-language & keyboard-multi touch keyboard-then uncheck vibrate keypress and nextword prediction. This clears all the old data out and fixes any lag issues or when you are texting and it reverts back the conversation page. After you do this power down your phone and restart. You can also go into settings and remove the haptic feedback to reduce lag time. Good luck!!