Droid X sync with Outlook

schneid

Reaction score
Companion Link was the best solution for me. The only pain I have now was the $40.00.

You can use Google's Business App. It is a paid service but you can fool Google into thinking you have an exchange account. You'll have to Google to find this solution.

drcp

Reaction score
I feel your pain. I miss palm desktop and the Treo. My contacts had duplicated to 8500 from 1400. I found the google duplicate remover chokes so I remove by searching on a few letters then the visible dupes spot checking the data. I going to move to the iPhone cause the apps(contacts, calendar, etc) are cohesive with each other, the phone and my mac and (
strangely my pc(outlook syncing which works).

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

desertrat28

Reaction score
Push Outlook 2007 emails to DroidX w/o app

I was freaking out about this one myself. A buddy turned me on to a Google app that worked.

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help

Great App but does Calendar ONLY.
I was in the same boat, wanting more than just a calendar sync. Wanted calendar, contacts and email. Adding hotmail was a snap (even though I am using outlook connector), but couldn't find any setting to forward work email (POP, non exchange server) to my X. Tried Sync2 for Outlook (trial version) and after a bit of tech help, finally realized that the cnet article that stated "Sync Outlook calendar, contacts, email, tasks, notes and Outlook journal between multiple computers without Microsoft Exchange server" did not include mobile devices. Arghh!

Read more: Sync2 for Outlook - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com Sync2 for Outlook - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Ticked, but not defeated, I've found a work around as I created a rule to file incoming work emails from known senders to my hotmail acct in Outlook 2007 (different folder) which syncs with my X. Not a perfect fix, but gets most of the emails I need from co-workers, boss etc.. so I don't miss them during the work day. As I receive more emails from customers, I can add their addresses to push them to my hotmail and on to my X. I'll probably keep the Sync2 app to keep my calendars and contacts synced. My requirements are as such that I won't pony up the $50 @ yr for the Premier service, but this seems to work for me. A couple of bugs I'm trying to troubleshoot is that Outlook needs to be running on a host computer to accomplish the email push and the date generated for the emails is Dec. 31, 1969, which puts the new mail at the bottom of the list on my Droid X. I do get notified that I have new mail, just have to scroll to the bottom to view. Great forum, hope this helps save someone grief and $.

Last edited:

desertrat28

Reaction score
The solution is CompanionLink. Not cheap but works.
Looks like a good app for calendar,contacts ,notes and task syncs, but still doesn't address the email issue. I'm still looking for an app that does the above, plus sync email. (See my post of 4-4-11)

schneid

Reaction score
I have my own Domain and my Droid X and Desktop Outlook sync with the POP server just fine. Don't need anything additional to do that.

handyman454

Reaction score
I have my own Domain and my Droid X and Desktop Outlook sync with the POP server just fine. Don't need anything additional to do that.

Schneid:

That's bogus!
Who do you work for? Google?
Trust us, we know what's good for you?

What I think this boils down to is this.
If you're looking for the security of keeping all your personal and business information private (peer to peer), Android is not the phone for you.

For some reason, Android/Google are looking to force you to make access to all your data and information available to them and regardless of what they say about privacy, they still have access.
PERIOD.
End of discussion.

In addition, if they have access then any good hacker will eventually have it as well.
Guys. If some num nuts jerk can hack the credit card web sites and steal the personal information of thousands of clients before being detected and shut down, they can hack the Google site with even less trouble.

If you want the security of *peer to peer data transfer, you need to stay with Microsoft compliant developers and if I'm not mistaken, HTC is still the only one?

*Peer to peer - computer/phone to computer with no other service such as Google inbetween.

handyman454

Reaction score
Sync'g outlook

Part of being a business person means that "due dilligence" is a big factor in what decisions you make.

Go to the Microsoft website, look up the "Windows Phone 7" and tell me it doesn't offer EVERYTHING a business operator (not a kids phone operator) needs along with:

The security of peer to peer data transfer,
No issues with file sharing,
No issues with Recognition or
No issues with transfers,
WiFi Hot Spot
Syncronization of ALL WINDOWS BASED DATA,
The ability to upgrade AUTOMATICLY as new tech developes and
All that at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE or third party program additions.

I'm sorry Zerizon/Droid/Google, In my modest opinion, after reading all 17 pages of this discussion, though I have and like Verizon, I'm going to buy a Windows phone and change my service to AT&T.

When Droid adds the peer to peer sync ability I'll consider the phone but untill then, I need the security of Windows.

handyman454

Reaction score
Who do you work for? Microsoft?

Laughing...

Ok. Touché
I probebly deserved that. [chuckling]

No. I don't work for Microsoft. In fact, I despise monopolies and in my opinion, Microsoft comes dangerously close to that.

I am however, an independant insurance agent who works a large business from home and a corporate office.
I absolutly cannot third party my data. It's unthinkable for me.
That's why I'm reluctantly stuck with Microsoft compliant products.
No more, no less.

schneid

Reaction score
Google doesn't have my email. My provider does. Windows Phone 7 was too little, too late for me. I jumped to Android especially when I heard you would be unable to tether it.

Epsilon already gave away everyone's emails they bought from our banks, shops, markets, etc.

desertrat28

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with their calendar sync lately? I had been having success with Sync2 in getting my DroidX to talk to Outlook 2007 via Gmail until recently. My problem is that although events entered on my calendar in Outlook show on my Google calendar and Droid, any new events entered on my Droid calendar are not showing on my Google calendar or Outlook. I noticed that Google Sync has reached end of life as of 12/14/12 so maybe that's one of the reasons? Any insight would be appreciated.