Droid X: Swype BUG

Cereval

Reaction score
I'm pretty versed in Swype so learning curve is not an issue. Day 3 with Droid X and I've found the problem. Swype tracing SKIPS third row of keys altogether (ZXCVBNM).

I was having problems with apostrophes and in testing the trace, found that it hits the third line and stops, every time. Manual entry is still there.

Did a pretty extensive search online for similar issues and found nothing...

HELP?

Seapup

Reaction score
I'm pretty versed in Swype so learning curve is not an issue. Day 3 with Droid X and I've found the problem. Swype tracing SKIPS third row of keys altogether (ZXCVBNM).

I was having problems with apostrophes and in testing the trace, found that it hits the third line and stops, every time. Manual entry is still there.

Did a pretty extensive search online for similar issues and found nothing...

HELP?

I just tested it on my Droid X and the beta Swype on my MotoDroid... no problems with either over here.
shrug.GIF

msblueline

Reaction score
My swype will not let me press any keys on the second row. ASDFGHJKL. All swyping stops on that row and skips. Cannot even manual press those keys. I have to leave swype all together and use the DROID standard keyboard. Ihave tried to force close and will not do that either. DROID X.

msblueline

OP
Cereval

Cereval

Reaction score
My swype will not let me press any keys on the second row. ASDFGHJKL. All swyping stops on that row and skips. Cannot even manual press those keys. I have to leave swype all together and use the DROID standard keyboard. Ihave tried to force close and will not do that either. DROID X.

msblueline

Sounds like you have the same issue as I do. I've done a factory reset and right out of the box, same issue. No one seems to have any answers - called Verizon, Motorola, even posted at the Swype forums.

The part that really sucks is that I don't think it's hardware. It has to be this particular beta version of Swype with the voice command. Unfortunately, you can't uninstall this preloaded version. I wanted to try this and reinstall the other beta version.