Droid X suffers from Death Grip too, says Apple

Reaction score
Haha, I got a Moto Droid, and Mine must have a Life grip. It had 3 bars, I gave it the "Apple Grip" and then I had 4 bars. Not do bad. :)

ChrisEvo8

Reaction score
the droid x looks like a baby phone in that video. its so tiny lol. either that or the guy is related to andre the giant.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The sad part about all this is that it will assuage the iPhone users fears and they won't feel like anything is wrong with their device because this is normal.

Sent from my Droid

Another quote of the year (Its been some doozies on Engadget...its been a fun morning...lol)

I wont even repeat most of what I been posting this morning...

1. When I try to hold my X like that, I start games from hitting the screen, hit numbers on the dial pad, turn on the camera..

U have to hold it very specifically to do that like the Apple video is showing.

2. The iPhone 4 issue isnt that u lose reception by holding it a certain way, its how easy it is to do on the iPhone 4 in every day use.

[video=youtube;-7tfH9oBQbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7tfH9oBQbk]YouTube - iPhone 4 Antenna Problem is Caused By a Design Flaw, Not Signal Blockage[/video]

[video=youtube;T90RwVaWfqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T90RwVaWfqo]YouTube - iPhone 4 Reception Issue (ONE FINGER)[/video]

Do that on the X or any other phone and see the results....

The iPhone 4 issue is unique to the iPhone 4. No other phone has their antenna on the outside wrapped around the entire phone.

UNC

Reaction score
So, instead of fixing their **** phone, they just say "Buh, buh, look at dat fone mommy, it lose da singal too!!"

Good job Apple, every once in a while I like to see some of your heavy handed ****tiness come out. Glad I never fell in the iTrap.

Joker

Reaction score
Well that is all the proof I need. I'm going to just cough of my ETF and switch so I could get the iPhone 4 since it is SO clear that this happens on every phone out there. Thanks for opening my eyes Jobs. :blink::shocked:

MCABRAL

Reaction score
Droid x test

I WORK FOR VERIZON WIRELESS AND NO ONE HAS OR NOR HAVE SEEN THIS PROBLEM WITH THE DROID X. APPLE IS JUST MAD THAT THEY HAD A PHONE THAT CAME OUT AND DROPPED DOWN IN CREDIT SO FAST. CLEARLY LOOKIN AT THE GUY'S MIDDLE FINGER IT SHOWS THAT HE IS DEFF PUTTING MASSIVE PREASURE ON THE PHONE TO BLOCK THE SIGNAL.dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

imtoomuch

Reaction score
Apple is being so petty right now. Be a man, fess up and admit to your mistakes. Stop making excuses and admit you designed a POS with a couple huge flaws. Instead they are claiming their issue is small and not unlike every other company which is a lie. I've never had my hand position cause me to drop calls.

I honestly hope the other phone manufacturers sue the pants off of Apple for that garbage they have on their antenna page!!!

What's funny is that the iTrolls in the iCult defend Apple to the death even on this issue. It's funny that they can't see how stupid they are and how blinded they are by the brand that makes average, overpriced products that look pretty.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Apple is being so petty right now. Be a man, fess up and admit to your mistakes. Stop making excuses and admit you designed a POS with a couple huge flaws.

Complete PR fail. Jobs could have seized on this as an opportunity to highlight Apple's reputation for quality and how customers demand perfection and that is always their goal...."but we're not perfect".

Anyone with a modicum of common sense could have figured that move out. "We feel horrible we got this wrong, but there's an easy fix....moreover, this affects 1% of users and the attention this has received just illustrates the expectation and track record of exceptional quality we've consistently delivered".

Jobs is simply a victim of his own BS. I do believe he's actually brainwashed himself into becoming a fanboy.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I don't know of anyone who holds their phone like this >_> I hold mine by the sides with my palm extended away from the phone, just a habit. I sometimes hold the whole thing with my fingers and thumb, but my pinky lays on the speaker.

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I just think this whole "death grip" for Apple is a shot to their ego. This is the first time they had a problem which was complain about so widespread. (They had many problems before but Apple fanboys just say "oh Apple fix it soon, I love my iPhone yayyyy") I just think it is ridiculous how they rather point out the issue in other phones and say "Well Motorola has it too", than man-up and fix it. You made a mistake and you're only solution is "free bumpers", just live up to it and stop nitpicking at others.

NattyBee

Reaction score
Ok, it looks to me like Apple's getting desperate...just a thought...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey these folks can say or write what they want. I had an iPhone 3G. It did NOT WORK! I dropped more calls in 7 months with AT&T than I did in the previous years with VZW.

For me ----
iPhone + AT&T = FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I held my phone that same way (which is unnatural and uncomfortable) and I dropped zero bars. It's all part of their plan to spread lies to make themselves look better.

I also tried this. A friend of mine has an ATT phone, not an iphone 4, but its still an ATT phone. We both did this. I did it with my DX, did not lose a bar - my friend lost 3 bars, she started with 4. So, its not just the iphone 4 that ATT has issues with and service.... I am not sure where the nearest cell tower is around my house, but Verizon has alway as gotten better service here than ATT, and I imagine, always will....