Droid X Suddenly No Vibration

leftspin

Reaction score
So I've been using my Droid X for about a month now and haven't had a single problem with it until today. When I woke up this morning everything on my phone was working fine, my alarms went off and vibrated while ringing the way they were supposed to. Then I shut them off and stuck my phone in my pocket and when I got to work a few minutes ago no vibrations would work including for text message/email notifications, haptic feedback, alarms, etc. Everything else seems to be working fine on the phone and I have tried rebooting, battery pull, turning sound on and off, turning vibration on and off & I'm just kind of stuck now.

I'm on Android Version 2.3.4, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-g55626e1w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1

also rooted running liquid.shadow.20110713.105704, Liquid Gingerbread v2.3

anyone else encountered this/know what to do?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just checking, but you've gone into liquid settings? There may be something you can adjust to fix your issue. Is haptic feedback turned on? Just covering all bases here

CM74D2-2.3.5

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
I've enabled and disabled and re enabled vibration/haptic feedback in every location I could find it

sounds settings, liquid settings, notification settings, none of it seems to help. Is there a chance my hardware is just broken?

Reaction score
Yes, there is a chance of that, however it is pretty unlikely.

If I were you, I'd do a nandroid backup and SBF the phone to stock .340 and see if you can get it to vibrate then before you root it. If you can't, it's a hardware problem and you already returned it to stock so you don't have to do that before you send it in. If you can, just root it and restore your nandroid.

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
I kind of figured there wasn't much chance of my hardware breaking in the hour between the time I woke up and the time I got to work, especially since I didn't even touch the phone in that time so it's kind of relieving to see that someone else thinks it's just a software issue as well

thanks for the suggestion, at this point it looks like my only option so I'll get to work on that as soon as I get home tonight

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I definitely don't think it's a hardware issue either. Good luck

CM74D2-2.3.5

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
Update: tried booting into safe mode, still wouldn't vibrate for anything. Is it more likely now that this is a hardware issue?

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums

Reaction score
Nope. Safe mode doesn't mean much. I'd SBF it. Can't lose either way. You'll either fix the vibration or learn that it's really a hardware issue.

OP
leftspin

leftspin

Reaction score
SBF'd back to Froyo, restored backup, vibration is back to normal. Thanks for the help!