Droid X Stuck on Liberty Boot Screen.

Fabriziohxc

Reaction score
So a couple minutes ago I was changing my ROM using RomManager, and it was all going good until my X rebooted.

The phone got completely stuck on the Liberty Boot Screen and it goes on and off about every 3-10 seconds, I tried doing a Data & Cache Wipe and pulling the battery a couple of times, but nothing has worked so far.

Please, if anyone can, help me! I don't have a lot of experience, but I figured since I got Liberty working, changing to another ROM wouldn't be that hard.

I am working on a Mac, if that helps!

Thanks.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So a couple minutes ago I was changing my ROM using RomManager, and it was all going good until my X rebooted.

The phone got completely stuck on the Liberty Boot Screen and it goes on and off about every 3-10 seconds, I tried doing a Data & Cache Wipe and pulling the battery a couple of times, but nothing has worked so far.

Please, if anyone can, help me! I don't have a lot of experience, but I figured since I got Liberty working, changing to another ROM wouldn't be that hard.

Thanks.

OK so do you use the dx bootstrap recovery app? I wouldn't use rom manager on the dx or d2. What rom were you switching to? Can you get into clockwork with a battery pull? Or plug it in to the charger then pull the battery then put it back in, unplug and reboot. That gets me back into cw (but i use d2 bootstrap recovery). If you can get into clockwork, then you can restore a backup

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
F

Fabriziohxc

Reaction score

Thanks.

OK so do you use the dx bootstrap recovery app? I wouldn't use rom manager on the dx or d2. What rom were you switching to? Can you get into clockwork with a battery pull? Or plug it in to the charger then pull the battery then put it back in, unplug and reboot. That gets me back into cw (but i use d2 bootstrap recovery). If you can get into clockwork, then you can restore a backup

I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to this. I don't remember the name of the ROM. I tried plugging it to the charger, removing the battery and rebooting, and it didn't work.

All I can pretty much do is Bootloader and the Android System recovery, but on the Android I only have 4 Options (Reboot system now, apply sdcarrd:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way, but it's a good idea to know about the rom you're flashing (including its name). There are different directions for each rom. If you can't get into clockwork, go into stock recovery and do a data wipe and reboot. If that doesn't work, you will have to sbf. Lesson learned.

libbydude

Reaction score
I learned that exact lesson last week. Thank the electrons for forums!