Droid X stuck in bootloader HELP

michaelv1234

Reaction score
i tried downgrading my droid x 2.3.4 to 2.2 so that i can root it... i used an sbf to do it on rsd lite but it didnt work and its stuck on bootloader... it says Bootlader 30.04 err: A5,70,70,00,1F MEM_MAP Blank Service req'd ok to program connect data usb cable. I tried to sbf it all over again. then i tried sbf it bak to 2.3.4 and when i plugged it in to the computer nothing would show up... it would just say on the computer: S Flash then a bunch of numbers, and then i kept on trying rsd lite and the phone wont even show or come up, it couldnt find it or something. whenever i pressed start nothing happens... by the way i started off using rsd lite 5.6. then 4.8 and still nothing... please HELP

leftspin

Reaction score
i tried downgrading my droid x 2.3.4 to 2.2 so that i can root it... i used an sbf to do it on rsd lite but it didnt work and its stuck on bootloader... it says Bootlader 30.04 err: A5,70,70,00,1F MEM_MAP Blank Service req'd ok to program connect data usb cable. I tried to sbf it all over again. then i tried sbf it bak to 2.3.4 and when i plugged it in to the computer nothing would show up... it would just say on the computer: S Flash then a bunch of numbers, and then i kept on trying rsd lite and the phone wont even show or come up, it couldnt find it or something. w,henever i pressed start nothing happens... by the way i started off using rsd lite 5.6. then 4.8 and still nothing... please HELP

You were on the .621 GB build, which means you can't SBF to anything lower than that build other than a Milestone X Gingerbread build. This means you will not be able to go to Android 2.2, however, you don't need to to root it. From here you need to either SBF to a Milestone build if you still want to root, or .621 if you're fine not rooting.

More info here: IMPORTANT Information Regarding .621 System Update! - Droid X - RootzWiki

I suggest that next time you try to do something like this, do some research first. If you had spent five minutes on Google checking to see if what you were doing was correct, you could have avoided this whole thing. It's also been quite a while since you needed to SBF all the way to FroYo to be able to root. Keeping yourself up to date on this stuff can save you some headaches.