Droid X Stuck in Bootloader after successful SBF with RSD 5.7

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sazetts, Jun 3, 2012.

1. sazetts

sazetts New Member

I have an old Moto Verizon deactivated Droid X that I factory reset. I want to use it around the house for apps and games on WiFi. I downloaded RSD Lite 5.7, loaded the Moto drivers on my PC, and tried several SBC files from https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-x-sbf-files. RSD has always been successful. The first SBC I tried was Android 2.3.3 System Version 4.5.605 (VRZ_MB810_4.5.605_1FF_01). The last SBC was Android 2.2.1 System Version 2.3.340 System Only (SHADO_X6_2.3.34_SYSTEM-ONLY). The phone stuck in Bootloader. I tried holding the home + power at turn on to get the triangle that I've seen on youtube videos, but it just goes to Bootloader. I puled the battery and tried other button combinations with no other results. Should I try an older RSD? Any thoughts?

The Bootloader reads:
    Bootoader
    Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

NEW_MAP Blank
    Service Req'd
    Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

Thanks.
  2. EdJanx

EdJanx New Member

I'm also in the same boat as you with an old DroidX that a friend gave me that I'd like to re-purpose. Orignially the bootloader read "Err:A5,70,70,00,1F" like yours, then after the first SBF using a live disk that message disappeared and it reads like the standard Bootloader. I've tried .621 iso, .621 SBF with Ubuntu and RSD Lite 5.7. I can get to the screen where I wipe data and cache, but when I reboot, it's back to bootloader. Any thoughts on how to unbrick this is appreciated.
  3. EdJanx

EdJanx New Member

Got it! Turns out that I needed to use an older version of RSD Lite on my Windows XP machine! Thanks to tomi_glz post #10 here for the solution: Bootloader 30.04 No matter what..

BTW, I also had to use the following drivers to get the phone to connect to Windows XP in safeboot: http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/..._bit_4.8.0.exe
Search tags for this page
after sbf droid x
did sbf .621 now back to m screen
droid x 5.7
droid x says new map blank service req'd

droid x stuck on bootloader after rsd

moto rsd 5.7

motorola droid x2 is stuck on loading rsd
new map blank on droid x
rsd 5.7 connect to bootloader 09.10
sbf droid x for rsd lite 5.7
sbf droid x2 stuck on bootloader