Droid X stuck at bootloader

shawt15

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a Droid X that was rooted a while ago, but it sbf'd it off and went back to complete stock. today i noticed my market has changed on my phone so i went to check if there is an upgrade for my system and there was. i downloaded and installed like normal, but when my phone booted up, it went straight to the bootloader saying: "bootloader 30.04 err:A5,69,35,00,27" this happens evertime i turn on my phone. also, the motorola M Logo that is shown while my phone is starting up is now the color red, instead of the normal silver, i dont know if that means my phone has upgraded or if that was custom bootlogo i put on a while ago. any help would be appreciated, i would like to try not to have to sbf my phone again because i dont want to lose any settings or apps, its such a pain lol thanks.

OP
S

shawt15

Reaction score
now it says "battery low" cannot program. wtf do i do. i need my cell phone working

comk4ver

Reaction score
Well if you have access to the flash recovery you should be able to go back to stock if you made a backup. Then start from there. Also if it's showing low battery plug it in the charger while you are reverting to stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I am all to familiar with this BL error. I wont go into why it happened until you are up and running. U have to sbf back to froyo then take the oota to gb. However it wont sbf if u have low battery. You need to make the USB charger cable to hot charge the battery during sbf. It's on these forums. U will be ok but u need to start by either hot charge or borrowing a battery or taking battery to vzw and they will charge on a stand alone. Once u have 100% charge we will get u saved.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
^what he said^ you need to get a charged battery in the DX somehow then flash the 2.3.340 sbf file. You can get it here, check out the ezSBF link on the right side of that page too.

OP
S

shawt15

Reaction score
ok guys thanks, i got RSD Lite, the SBF you specified, and the only problem is i cant charge my battery so i ordered a separate charger just for the battery and i also got an extra batter just in case lol so thanks guys.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's a good plan, I have an external charger and a spare (cheapo) battery for situations like this, you can get both for <$10 on eBay.

zenman77

Reaction score
Yep that will work if you get a charged battery in there and flash it to .340. The same thing happened to me while on vacation. I went to a Verizon store and after they insisted that charging the battery was not going to help and charged it anyway for me, it worked like a charm. One more thing. If after sbfing you find yourself in a bootloop, take the battery out and make your way to the bootloader screen and choose factory reset in the menu. Any questions feel free to pm me.

OP
S

shawt15

Reaction score
ok so i got my charger, by battery charged, i SBF'd my phone.. did it properly..and when my phone boots up, everything is exactly how it was before (all my apps data, backgroud is all there, and settings r the same) BUT i have no service! i have a blue triangle where my 3g symbol usually is, and when i make a call, it goes to verizon, so please help me get my service back, i really need my phone working!!! thanks

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
+1 *228 and a factory reset will fix it up.
Pull the battery and reinstall, hold home and power as it boots, release and hit search at the droid/triangle/exclamation mark screen, wipe data, wipe cache, reboot. Then *228 option 1.

zenman77

Reaction score
ok so i got my charger, by battery charged, i SBF'd my phone.. did it properly..and when my phone boots up, everything is exactly how it was before (all my apps data, backgroud is all there, and settings r the same) BUT i have no service! i have a blue triangle where my 3g symbol usually is, and when i make a call, it goes to verizon, so please help me get my service back, i really need my phone working!!! thanks

Yep.......... they have it right, *228 then option 1 and if that does'nt work call customer service 1-800-922-0204 and tell them that after factory resetting your phone you're not able to activate it.

Let us know how it goes