1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X static on receiving end of call

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by mosherjm, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mosherjm

mosherjm New Member

So I finally convinced my wife it was time to drop AT&T and her iPhone for a Droid. She chose the Droid X and, while she misses her iPhone, I think she'll get over it soon.

One problem that I am having is that when she calls me, I hear a crackling static on my end. She cannot hear it on her DX. I am using a Droid 1 and don't hear this static on any other calls, nor did I hear it from her iPhone.

I had always heard DX had superior call quality, and she agrees so far because she can't hear the static. Like I said, it's only on my end, but it's only when I'm talking to her not other people. It also doesn't seem to matter if I call her or she calls me.

BTW, I noticed this both before and after updating her new DX to Froyo.

Has anyone else experienced this? Did she possibly just get a defective phone? What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if there is already a thread on this topic. I searched for static and could only find stuff about headphone static.
  2. Phillipsave

Phillipsave New Member

I would suggest that your wife tries to reprogram her phone connection by dialing *228, option 1, and then after that is processed, *228 option 2. Then power down her phone, pull the battery for one minute, then reboot.
  3. susangheath

susangheath New Member

I ran into similar issue past two days. Whether call was outbound or inbound, I could hear person on the other end of call, but they could not hear me. I could hear some static on my side, but person on other end of the call could not hear me and heard nothing but static.

I have Droid X which I purchased about 6 weeks ago. It worked fine for me until yesterday. In fact, people I called even commented on how well they could hear me - like I was in the same room with them, even though I was in the car driving home in traffic.

I tried every suggestion i could find including reprogramming my connection from Verizon, removing then reinserting battery, and last resort - factory reset. However, issue persisted which indicated I must have a hardware issue.

I went to Verizon store and they are overnighting new DX to me tomorrow. Just the phone part. I will keep same battery and SD card and mail remains back in same package as I recieved replacement. I am happy with their responsiveness.

This is a bit inconvenient for me, but I LOVE the Droid X and am hoping there are no further issues from the replacement parts.
Search tags for this page
call me-x-static
droid x static on phon call

droid x static when calling

htc one static on recieving end
my droid razr phone has static everytime i make a call
my droid x2 bluetooth is staticy
my phone gets staticy and then drops the call
phone broke static other end android
phone static on receiving end only
static on my end during call
static on recieving end of blue tooth call from car