Droid X spare battery charger

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find a spare battery charger, one that could charge the battery via car charger or usb so that I can keep a spare charged and swap them out when I go camping. I found this one on Amazon but it wouldn't fit the DX battery.
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-MicroUSB-Connectors-Different-Families/dp/B0039OGHGA

I wouldn't mind a cradle with a second battery slot assuming I could actually charge the second battery via car or usb.

Anyone have a suggestion or experience?

Last edited:

jawonder

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find a spare battery charger, one that could charge the battery via car charger or usb so that I can keep a spare charged and swap them out when I go camping. I found this one on Amazon but it wouldn't fit the DX battery.
Amazon.com: Motorola OEM P323 Spare Battery Charger Only with MicroUSB and MiniUSB Connectors for Different Battery Families: Cell Phones & Accessories

I wouldn't mind a cradle with a second battery slot assuming I could actually charge the second battery via car or usb.

Anyone have a suggestion or experience?

Try Amazon or EBay , that's were i got mine .

OP
M

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Thanks Jawonder... I have searched both but haven't found anything that described the ability to charge the spare through car charger that fits the DX.

What kind did you buy? Are you able to charge via usb and/or car charger?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jawonder

Reaction score
Thanks Jawonder... I have searched both but haven't found anything that described the ability to charge the spare through car charger that fits the DX.

What kind did you buy? Are you able to charge via usb and/or car charger?

It's a Yiboyuan made in China , Motorola doesn't make a spare battery charger for the Droid X . It can charge the spare battery while charging the phone or charge both alone , it uses USB or you can just plug the section with the spare battery flat on the wall , not for car .

OP
M

Mamaperk

Reaction score
I have two types of phone charger ... one is the Motorola charger for the DX and the other is a monoprice cigarette lighter adapter with micro usb cable. I wonder if I could charge in the car using the micro usb?

Anyone else use a battery charger to charge a spare? I'm curious about how well they work.

OP
M

Mamaperk

Reaction score
Bumping.

Any other recommendations or experience?

pjniez

Reaction score
The only bad thing about that charger is the folding plug is fragile. mine eventually wouldn't lock when I put the prongs down :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

I actually like the flip out plug. It's nice because you can charge without a computer. But it also has a USB port so you can charge it from a computer if you like. It just doesn't come with a USB cord.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App