Droid X - some albums song out of order

lgudema

Reaction score
I imported music from iTunes on my PC using V Cast Media Manager. Almost all of this is music that I ripped from my CDs (it wouldn't import the older music I bought from ITunes Store because of DRM anyway).

Some of the albums play fine, but on many albums it now plays the songs in alphabetical order. This is true in the basic Music app, Cubed and Music Mod. Two examples of CDs which now play in alphabetical order are Eric Clapton's "Unplugged" and Marvin Gaye's "What's Going On"

Anyone have an idea about why this is happening and how to fix it?

thanks

V1king

Reaction score
I figured out a solution...sort of. When I went to listen to an album that was out of order instead of going into the album and selecting the first song, I "long pressed" the album and then selected play. Then the music player played the songs in order, even though they are displayed out of order..... Weird.

OP
L

lgudema

Reaction score
I figured out a solution...sort of. When I went to listen to an album that was out of order instead of going into the album and selecting the first song, I "long pressed" the album and then selected play. Then the music player played the songs in order, even though they are displayed out of order..... Weird.

Which music player did you use to do that?

Jimsdroid

Reaction score
Thank you for that tip. I would have been very unhappy with alphabetic order.

Its even better than you state. Once you start playing the album with the “long press” you will be in the song control screen. From there tapping the list icon brings up the full song list for the album in proper song order. The return key will take you back to the song controls

To return to the song control screen from elsewhere:
For a playing song, drag the status bar down and selecting the ongoing song,
or from the main screen of the MUSIC app, tap the currently playing or paused song at the bottom of the screen.