Droid X so slow?

pclovin

Reaction score
Hi, I have had my Droid X for almost a year now. I bought it the day it was released in July of last year. I have had absolutely no issues with it till now. I know an update was just sent out and ever since then my phone has been a thorn in my side. It keeps freezing up, takes forever to do any commands, and I keep getting multiples of the same text messages. I have cleared my phone of any apps that I do not use and I have deleted almost all of my text messages, thinking that maybe it would free up any problems that I am having. Unfornately, it did not. I love this phone but I am extremely frustrated and I just want it to work like it always has. Any suggestions?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Back up all your files, turn the phone off. Hold the home button and power button at the same time until you see a little Android with a ? Mark. Press the search button and use the volume keys to select the factory data reset option and use the camera button to select it.

It will wipe the data on your phone. This is usually needed anyway when a ROM or any new software update is installed. I would also delete the data cache while you are there.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
P

pclovin

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply with that information. i actually went to Verizon and they did exactly that. My phone works great now!