DROID X SMS - receiving same text multiple times; not receiving others at all

jrich11

Reaction score
I am having a couple problems, and they've only been since I did the last update.

My first problem is that some text messages I am receiving multiple times. Say I get a text from a friend that says "ok let's go"...well, I may get the very same text as many as 6 or 8 times over the next 12-24 hours. It's getting ridiculous. Also, some text messages that I have SENT are RESENDING ON THEIR OWN! I am not resending the same text messages, yet some of my contacts are receiving them multiple times.

Second issue...I am not getting notifications of some text messages for hours after they have been sent. A friend sent a text today at about 8 am; opened up our conversation at it said I received it about noon. Was sending another text just a few minutes ago when I FINALLY got the notification that I had gotten a text. Another text was sent to me early this morning that has not even hit my phone yet.

This is REALLY aggravating and needs to be fixed! What can I do??? I am using the stock app and have a Droid X with the most recent update.

Thanks for any help!

PCNORTON

Reaction score
I am having a couple problems, and they've only been since I did the last update.

My first problem is that some text messages I am receiving multiple times. Say I get a text from a friend that says "ok let's go"...well, I may get the very same text as many as 6 or 8 times over the next 12-24 hours. It's getting ridiculous. Also, some text messages that I have SENT are RESENDING ON THEIR OWN! I am not resending the same text messages, yet some of my contacts are receiving them multiple times.

Second issue...I am not getting notifications of some text messages for hours after they have been sent. A friend sent a text today at about 8 am; opened up our conversation at it said I received it about noon. Was sending another text just a few minutes ago when I FINALLY got the notification that I had gotten a text. Another text was sent to me early this morning that has not even hit my phone yet.

This is REALLY aggravating and needs to be fixed! What can I do??? I am using the stock app and have a Droid X with the most recent update.

Thanks for any help!

Having the same problem. Getting 4 and five and sometimes 8 of the same message.

Paul

DgenX

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem since updating to version 2.3.3. It's completely random. Sometimes it will work fine, I'll only get a single text and others I'll get the same message 3 or 4 times. Sometimes within minutes of each other and others hours apart.

benjaminarthurt

Reaction score
Ditto

Same symptoms for me on my droid X, started as of version 2.3.3. It seems to only do it for contacts. I receive SMS alerts from NY State's NY-Alert system (short code not in my contacts) and I don't ever remember getting multiple from them.

Anyone else have the messaging widget enabled? I just removed it from my home screen in hops that it could be the root of the issue.

jonogran

Reaction score
a thought from me about thr multi texts

I recently downloaded a battery saver juice defender or something like that and I just noticed when its on and running is when ny phone does the multiple texts I turned it off and it hasn't happened yet so maybe there is an app running on ur phone that is causing the root in the messages to be problematic just my 2 cents on this thanks for reading

niveya

Reaction score
Bump for continued annoyance.

This is my issue exactly. I am receiving multiple texts (not notifications, those are turned off) from the same people. My phone is also resending messages that I have sent weeks ago to people, at odd hours of the night. For instance I sent a text to a friend 2 weeks ago and she got it then, AND again at 5am this morning. In fact, 3 of my friends called this morning to inquire about the text message I sent them at 5:03am.

I am using the stock messaging app, and do not have any other SMS programs on my phone. I have cleared data and did the battery reset thing multiple times.

IS there a fix out there for this? Or are people just dealing with it?

Device info:
Model: DroidX
Android Verison 2.3.3

Last edited:

christina7032002

Reaction score
I am also having the same problem with an added bonus! Several different friends have told me that when I text them, they are either not getting them at all or getting a blank text message. They use various carriers and have different phones so the only conclusion I can come to is that it is my phone. Has any found a solution to this problem???