1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROID x slower internet on gingerbread

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by jerryq2, Jun 9, 2011.

1. jerryq2

jerryq2 New Member

Hello everyone I just revived my replacement x in the mail. It came pre loaded with gingerbread which I am very happy about. I have noticed it does seem slower on WIFI and 3g. The reason I noticed is it refreshes while watching youtube and netflix not at the same time. Has anyone had any issues like this? I thought it would be faster from what I read.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Beka27

Beka27 New Member

GB isn't going to make the phone faster. All it does is change the way the OS looks. If it's noticeably slow, I would guess it's more an issue with the phone itself.
  3. barski

barski New Member

For a test you can download the speedtest app and give that a go on 3G and wifi.

Then try it on a computer that is connected to the same network as the wifi.

Also check for other apps running in the background that may be using a moderate amount of bandwidth.
Search tags for this page

is ginger bread slow with 3g

slow internet on android gingerbread