1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X Sin gle strenght indication incorrect?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by DavidWSnow, Dec 5, 2010.

1. DavidWSnow

DavidWSnow New Member

I live in a Verizon fringe area. I had to install a Verizon "Network Extender" in my house. Basically this a miniature cell tower placed in my entertainment cabinet and connected to my broadband internet connection. This vastly improved my coverage inside my house BUT the indicator on my Droid X and my Wife's Droid 2 still only showed 1 bar at best and often 0 bars.

Recently I installed Mobile Signal Widget and it shows that I have much better coverage.

The Settings > About > Status db level of the signal will wander from -99db to -60 db as I wander about the house yet the Notification Bar signal still only shows 0 or 1 bar. When I am out and about the indicator works fine. I guess that it doesn't recognize Verizon's network extender.
Search tags for this page

droid x showing only one bar