Reaction score
The reason I am posting this is.
1. Look at the size compared to the Galaxy
2. Look at the last two photos and closely
one is the Galaxy and the iphone 4g side by side
the screen color is vibrant. After that look
at the side by side of the Galaxy and the X
if you notice some the colors on the X. The
colors look really vibrant in comparison.
The reason I am posting this is because the Galaxy S
is the one phone that rivals the 4g in color display.
If any of you can find comparisons of the 4g screen vs
the iphone screen web page images pic images please post.
Or I will just have to wait til my friends get their 4gs to compare.
Here is the link.
T-Mobile Vibrant hands-on | Android Central

BzB

Reaction score
here are the pics for those too lazy to click the link. :)

imo, the galaxy s is the perfect size and has the perfect size screen. i'm not sure i like the ui skin samsung applied to it though. looks too much like the iphone ui. wonder if it can be turned off? the phone has some impresseive specs (better gpu than the droid x) and maybe the best screen on android phone right now...

t-mobile-25.jpg

t-mobile-24.jpg

Mule65

Reaction score
The Sammy is a nice size compared to the DX. How do the processors compare?

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
Thanks for putting those pics up. Haven't figured out how to do that.
I'm going with the X, but the Droid X screen isn't too far behind.
That Galaxy S is much better than the 4g when it comes to color saturation.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Like BzB said, the gpu in these Samsung phones are better than the one in the X.

I think the cpu in the X is the best out right now. If going by benchmarks, it edged past the Galaxy in Quadrant. That also shows that Quadrant isnt solely a graphics benchmark. If it was the Galaxy S would beat the X.

To me, the Samsung phones are a perfect mix in size between the Inc and the X. They both use 45nm chips, which by most reviews show it does help with battery life. (The EVO has an almost identical size battery in it but uses a 65nm chip. The X beats it on battery life in every review I have read.)

The Samsungs and the X......I think are a tough choice to make for an all around good phone right now just based on specs and reviews. To me, a good phone has to also have good reception, call quality and battery life. Especially reception.

Last edited:
OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score

Like BzB said, the gpu in these Samsung phones are better than the one in the X.

I think the cpu in the X is the best out right now. If going by benchmarks, it edged past the Galaxy in Quadrant. That also shows that Quadrant isnt solely a graphics benchmark. If it was the Galaxy S would beat the X.

To me, the Samsung phones are a perfect mix in size between the Inc and the X. They both use 45nm chips, which by most reviews show it does help with battery life. (The EVO has an almost identical size battery in it but uses a 65nm chip. The X beats it on battery life in every review I have read.)

The Samsungs and the X......I think are a tough choice to make for an all around good phone right now just based on specs and reviews. To me, a good phone has to also have good reception, call quality and battery life. Especially reception.

See I want the extra screen size; for reading gaming webviewing etc.
When the Galaxy S comes out I will definitely give it a look see. Also that Moto car dock feature is nice; I also like the overall experience of Motorola.
Yeah yeah I guess we have to be practical about call quality reception and all that good stuff. It will be interesting to see how much better the gpu is on the Galaxy than the X. Mind u I am not taking away or trying to take away anything from the X.
Also being on VZ if they wait til Sept to release the Galaxy S it will be a moot point because by the end of the year VZ will possibly rolling out LTE devices. See I'm jumping on this because I have three upgrades to use this year. I have been waiting for a bigger screen since seeing the HTC HD.

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
Benchmark Test Research

Ok here goes and mind u not as geeky as most. But in the video test the X posted 60fps compared to the Galaxy S 55.7fps. There was also a test where the colored gears were being timed the X clocked 30fps on that one. I will post links tomorrow but the X is in there. Also I read where the X screen has 400,000 pixels. I will see how many the S has

Galaxy benchmark
Samsung Galaxy S: Benchmark Galore | Android Community

Droid X vid bench test
Motorola Droid X benchmark tests | Android Central

Last edited:

him

Reaction score
ahhhman...what to do what to do...Damn samsung screen makes the droid look like washed out LCD vs Plasma

kpiskin

Reaction score
Man, this is making my replacement choice for my D1 more difficult. Too bad it doesn't have a keyboard like the Sprint 4G variant. As for looks I like the DX better. To me the Fascinate looks like the older iPhone, but bigger. Samsung even tried to make the icons more iPhoneish. After having my Droid I'm totally sold on the Android experience and would prefer it to other options including android with something running on top of it.