Droid X shipments on schedule, some arriving earlier than expected

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Jul 22, 2010.

1. WishIKnew

WishIKnew New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered my X on Monday, 7/19, got shipping notice today, for arrival on Monday, 7/27.

Did they really have a shortage, or this all just BUZZ?

2. WishIKnew

WishIKnew New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make that: arriving Monday 7/26.

3. JoseJones

JoseJones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Guy at the Verizon store here in Austin told me (before the phone launched) that every Verizon store (in Austin at least) were only getting 40 phones per store.

My theory was so when it sold out, Verizon could announce "DROD X SELLS OUT" and stir up some "buzz"....clever.

I ordered my X and they told me the 27th, though ANDREW a supervisor rep told me it will probably show up before then....

I hope it shows up soon, I'm tired of playing with the fake paper version that came with the case I bought for it.

4. ocholoco

ocholoco Member

Ratings:
    +0
    our case was empty, didn't have anything to play with...but...

ordered on phone last Friday[7/16] and they guesstimated ship date would be today[7/24] . it was in my husband's eager hands Thu [7/22] dancedroid

hopefully everyone who is still waiting will get an early ship date also

5. ars21842

ars21842 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Too Funny! I have been carrying my case around to get used to the size. I have some serious issues, I know;)

6. Bdr3939

Bdr3939 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I order my droid x by phone (by the way I upgraded mad early) however, I order it on the 18th and still nothing. I can't look it up on my verizon because it was purchase by phone. I still receive nothing, but I call the rep and they said I'm still a go for 27th. I hate waiting. That's why I sign up for this site.

7. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just got the notification that mine has been shipped. I should have it by Tuesday I think. Anyone have any suggestions on cases/screen protection? I'm coming from the Blackberry world to the world of touchscreen, so I have no clue.

8. leele31

leele31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Placed order on 7/16 and I got my shipping notice today too...I will get my DX on the 7/27...Yippie!!! dancedroid So urs should be coming...

9. Bdr3939

Bdr3939 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe.... Just trying keep from a mental break down. You receive notice on a Sunday. I'm going to call verizon again....dancedroid:icon_ banana:

10. JoseJones

JoseJones New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HA-LE-LOU-YEAH!!!!!! I JUST GOT THE EMAIL!!!

"Thank you for placing your order with Verizon Wireless. We wanted you to know that your Verizon Wireless order was shipped."

I called the service rep after reading this post, and they told me the 27th, so probably Wed...then I signed on today (ON A SUNDAY) and I got the email saying My Order has been shipped...I tried to punch in the order Number to see the info, and I got nothing...too early I'd imagine.

Like I said, since it's a Sunday, does that mean it's already been shipped, or it's in a box, and they're set to ship it first thing Monday morning...No clue. IT'S SO CLOSE!!!! I'm freaking out.

Though with all this downtime, I've been able to set up my gmail, port my numbers and calandar stuff to gmail, and started exporting all my favorite videos to mp4 using a video compression program (SQUEEZE) that I use for my editing work.

SO when it shows up, I'm ready to plug and play.

11. Bdr3939

Bdr3939 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Congrats. I had this bb storm since day one. I called the rep about five Ago, And no change. However, great things for you.....the case of the Monday want happen to youdancedroid

12. Hosehead

Hosehead New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Received a tracking number for this week.