Droid X Screen Repair Suggestions? (pre insurance, non rooted)

Shift_Droid

Reaction score
I know the best way to go about my issue, would be to send my phone off and await a new referb. I dropped the phone, and now the only thing i see is black, so i assume the LCD screen is broken.. My backlight works, everything else works, i can hear when i get a text, and i have a blue light flashing, etc. and my buttons work. I want to be able to send my screen off to be fixed so i can go into a few apps and clear out somethings, and grab a bit of info off of sticky note apps *all thru visuals on the home screen*. anyone know of a fix, or a LEGIT SITE i can send my phone off to get a new screen before i send off to insurance?? Everything for the most part is backed up, and i want to do is go thru myscreens to make sure everything is set and or i have all the info i need.

Reaction score
My suggestion? Do it yourself. Plenty of YouTube videos out there explaining how. I had to do a digitizer swap. Its intimidating at first but anyone can do it. They say you need a t3,t4, and t5 torch screw driver I was able to do it with just a t4. Good Luck!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
S

Shift_Droid

Reaction score
void warranty and open it myself and replace? lol yeah ive messed up a ribbon before doin that with another old phone, in the past. But thats what ive been toying with, was that idea.. idk.

Reaction score
If you don't mind me saying im a 20 year old kid who barely made it out of high school and with some patience and a very slow pace I mean very slow I was able to do it in 3 hours and went through almost a whole pack of cigarettes through the whole ordeal. Maybe the whole voided warranty doesn't mean much to me cause im rooted but hey if you open it then you can give rooting a try! Just take your time man im telling you my 10 year old brother could do this with patience

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums