Droid X screen issues already!!!!!

Howie Dub

Reaction score
This is what I do to solve the unresponsive screen....

I feel like I shouldn't have to.
I ended up calling VZW and they will be sending me out a new phone on 8/4. They made a note that I received the phone DOA, so when I return my current phone, I won't have to pay a re-stocking fee. Keeping my fingers crossed that the new phone won't have the unresponsive issue, or that screen flicker issue.

Has anyone rooted the X and had the problem fixed? Just read online that you can root it now. Not familiar enough with the Android platform yet to attempt it.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I had posted here a few days ago about how google images would not respond when i tapped them and pics were poor quality....also that the call and speaker volumes were very low. For those who don't know, they put out a software update. I just did it and my droid x is buggless. All of the above have been fixed.

How did it solve your volume issue? It didnt help me at ALL with the volume. Im struggling to hear my music through my headphones. I can't call vzw enough to complain about the volume >_>

rkh81989

Reaction score
Howie- My Droid X was not showing any activity when plugged into laptop. I even tried another one just to see if there was a problem with the laptop. So even though when used to charge the device in the wall it worked, it would not work when plugged into computer (mac and pc). So, tech support said to have it replaced and hopefully that solves that issue. The reception issue in my home is another matter.
the laptop wasn't recognizing the X being plugged in? What OS is your laptop? My win7 DLed the Motorola drivers immediately after I plugged it in. As for your reception, depending on where in CA you are, Verizon isn't always the best network. My friend up in NorCal switched from Verizon b/c the reception was bad. I think he's on T Mobile or ATT and he's happy.

I was having same problem, try this. Connect your phone to your computer. Once it's connected at the top of your phone should say connected, pull that down and press USB connection now check USB Mass Storage, this should reconise your memory card now. Enjoy

jray1

Reaction score
Howie- My Droid X was not showing any activity when plugged into laptop. I even tried another one just to see if there was a problem with the laptop. So even though when used to charge the device in the wall it worked, it would not work when plugged into computer (mac and pc). So, tech support said to have it replaced and hopefully that solves that issue. The reception issue in my home is another matter.
the laptop wasn't recognizing the X being plugged in? What OS is your laptop? My win7 DLed the Motorola drivers immediately after I plugged it in. As for your reception, depending on where in CA you are, Verizon isn't always the best network. My friend up in NorCal switched from Verizon b/c the reception was bad. I think he's on T Mobile or ATT and he's happy.

I was having same problem, try this. Connect your phone to your computer. Once it's connected at the top of your phone should say connected, pull that down and press USB connection now check USB Mass Storage, this should reconise your memory card now. Enjoy

Had a similar problem with it not connecting to the laptop so I did a reboot of the phone and it has been fine since.

robler

Reaction score
Defective Screen

I finally recieved my Droid X in the mail July 22, 2010. I activated the phone and started playing with it. Five minutes into it the screen started flickering like an old TV screen. I imediately took the phone to a local corporate store, and they told me the phone was defective. I am waiting for a new phone in the mail once again and im pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robler

Reaction score
I finally recieved my Droid X in the mail July 22, 2010. I activated the phone and started playing with it. Five minutes into it the screen started flickering like an old TV screen. I imediately took the phone to a local corporate store, and they told me the phone was defective. I am waiting for a new phone in the mail once again and im pissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xfireguru

Reaction score
My wife's brand new DX falls into the "one-tenth of one percent" and is suffering the banding issues on the lower portion of the screen. Sucks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score

Had a similar problem with it not connecting to the laptop so I did a reboot of the phone and it has been fine since.

I had this problem the other day. Computer wouldn't connect to DX. Droid wasn't even showing that it was connected to the computer. Works now though. Think it's cause I did a battery pull.

Howie Dub

Reaction score
I ended up calling VZW and they will be sending me out a new phone on 8/4. They made a note that I received the phone DOA, so when I return my current phone, I won't have to pay a re-stocking fee. Keeping my fingers crossed that the new phone won't have the unresponsive issue, or that screen flicker issue.

Has anyone rooted the X and had the problem fixed? Just read online that you can root it now. Not familiar enough with the Android platform yet to attempt it.

Received my replacement phone yesterday, much earlier than expected. Would have had it sooner if Fedex delivered on Saturday. Anyway, knock on wood, so far so good. Those with issues might want to give that a try. The wait time isn't as long as they estimate.