Droid X screen issues already!!!!!

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by DroidX101, Jul 16, 2010.

1. DAVID2010

DAVID2010 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Usb

Howie- My Droid X was not showing any activity when plugged into laptop. I even tried another one just to see if there was a problem with the laptop. So even though when used to charge the device in the wall it worked, it would not work when plugged into computer (mac and pc). So, tech support said to have it replaced and hopefully that solves that issue. The reception issue in my home is another matter.

2. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So are you saying that your PC/MAC isn't charging your Droid X? Or that it's not mounting onto your computer?

If it's the charging situation, it's known that sometimes PC/MACs don't provide enough voltage to charge fast, I know sometimes when I stick mine to my computer it doesn't really charge too much.

3. mardeebo

mardeebo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had TWO phones and BOTH have issues! The first one had the issue described above, which began within 10 minutes after activation. I took it right back and was able to get an immediate replacement. (small town wally-world had two in stock)

The replacement phone is having the screen freeze issue described here by others. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, the screen will simply quite responding. I have to either a) lock it, then unlock it or b) pull the battery to get it working again...but within a short time it'll freeze again. The phone as a whole isn't freezing because I can still hit the buttons which work and it'll change orientation like it's supposed to, but nothing I touch on the screen responds.

Two phones, Two Duds. If I have to wait a month for a possibile software release that might fix this, I'm not willing to gamble on that. It'll go back.

#39 mardeebo, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  4. leonozug

leonozug Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Tell you what guys...I'm a newbe here but with all these issues with the Droid X and the fact that Motorola doesn't want people messing with custom roms, I think the best thing to do is wait. Before you know it, HTC will come out with the Droid Incredible 2. Now THAT will be worth waiting for!! It'll probably have a 1.5ghz processor in it for all we know. I've found that everytime I go to upgrade my phone, something way badder and better comes out a few months later. The Droid X is pretty much playing catch up with the Incredible anyways. Hopefully we'll be able the flash roms with the next incredible too. Now THAT will be something!!

5. mardeebo

mardeebo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Was on motorola's site and read that there's a proximity sensor that will shut off the touch screen for use when you're on a call or when it's in your pocket or purse. They say don't use a screen protector and basically don't recommend a case. That's kind of scary!

I'm not using either a protector or a case, so I wonder if I'm somehow triggering this sensor by how I hold it (ala iPhone 4 antenna issue)? Where is it on the phone?

6. tiger187126

tiger187126 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there's no way i'm going to have a $600 phone and not use at least a screen protector. unless they feel like giving free screen replacements every time i get a scratch.

7. Takenumbrage

Takenumbrage New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Picked up my X Friday night. No problems until ~10pm last night while draining the battery. Figured the vertical striping of the screen was due the battery <10%. Charged overnight and still had the issue. Hard and soft resets, pulled battery, etc to no effect. Read a post about removing ATK and that seems to have helped. No screen issues since I removed ATK an hour or so ago.

This is my first vzw phone so if I have to ship it back I'm without a cell until it comes back. Here's hoping it was just ATK.

Edit: Spoke too soon, it's back, but not as bad as it was.

Edit2: Factory reset is showing some promise. Hasn't reoccured since.

#43 Takenumbrage, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  8. Howie Dub

Howie Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there's always something badder that will be coming out. I wanted the Incredible, but by the time I was eligible for my NE2, they were sold out and the Droid X was the new hot topic. Motorola said they will be coming out with 2 ghz phones by year end, so the Incredible 2 is going to be "old". At some point you just have to take the plunge and go with a new phone that hasn't been real world tested. Otherwise, you'll be waiting forever because the next "It" phone will be right around the corner. okay, back to the lecture at hand - screen issues :)

9. Howie Dub

Howie Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the laptop wasn't recognizing the X being plugged in? What OS is your laptop? My win7 DLed the Motorola drivers immediately after I plugged it in. As for your reception, depending on where in CA you are, Verizon isn't always the best network. My friend up in NorCal switched from Verizon b/c the reception was bad. I think he's on T Mobile or ATT and he's happy.

10. kastewart11@yahoo.com

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid X problems

I too am having major issues with my new Droid X. Not only is my touch screen unresponsive about 50% of the time, but, it appears to have a mind of it's own. At any given moment apps and screens start opening on their own when i'm not even holding the phone. I've missed multiple calls because the screen freezes and i can't answer incoming calls. I have advanced app killer installed, and even when i can actually access it, it makes no difference. I've been on the phone with Verizon multiple times, did a hard reset to mfg defaults, as soon as i powered it back up, the issues resumed. So much so i couldn't even log into gmail to set up the various accounts so i could get back into my settings. Verizon suggested i wait for the 2.2 update, which is being pushed out today. Of course i have not received it yet and and it's almost 7pm eastern time. Hoping i don't have a lemon because Verizon tells me the back order is up to 3 weeks at this point. In addition, my signal, which has always been great, craps out frenquently. I actually had to revert to using my lan line to make calls. Here's hoping 2.2 will solve my problems because at this point, it's just becoming a big pain in the a** and i'm getting irritated!

11. littlerick

littlerick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wait they said 2.2 is going out today? are you sure?

12. sic0048

sic0048 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a OTA update being released. But it isn't 2.2 that is for sure. It is also going to be a staggered rollout, so it may be while before you see it.