Droid X screen issues already!!!!!

Howie Dub

Reaction score
Hi everyone...New to Droid. Love it...when the touch screen isn't being unresponsive. It's been frustrating swiping the screen to get to an app only to open another one. I wiped it and it was better, but still would become unresponsive every once in a while. I added the Facebook app, but uninstalled it after the X started slowing down. It was still sluggish, so I installed ATK, then deleted it after looking on this forum, but it's still slugglish/unresponsive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on the verge of really loving this phone, but this touch screen issue is starting to get annoying. Thanks in advance.

cypherx82

Reaction score
Hi everyone...New to Droid. Love it...when the touch screen isn't being unresponsive. It's been frustrating swiping the screen to get to an app only to open another one. I wiped it and it was better, but still would become unresponsive every once in a while. I added the Facebook app, but uninstalled it after the X started slowing down. It was still sluggish, so I installed ATK, then deleted it after looking on this forum, but it's still slugglish/unresponsive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on the verge of really loving this phone, but this touch screen issue is starting to get annoying. Thanks in advance.

Is the phone plugged in when this happens? Some users say the screen goes haywire when it's plugged in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

cypherx82

Reaction score
My screen failed the first day I had it...bottom half became unusable, and I had to get a replacement phone. It started with a slight screen jitter and then progressed to a gray screen with dark gray stripes. It would somewhat come and go based on the angle it was held, but the screen was unusable more than half of the time.

That sound like a lemon.

Howie Dub

Reaction score

Is the phone plugged in when this happens? Some users say the screen goes haywire when it's plugged in.

It's plugged in right now. I'll see how it is when it's not. Thanks for the tip.

CrashF16

Reaction score
Yep...I think so too. It's inevitable that you will have some bad units in an initial batch. It just sucks that I had to deal with it. Verizon reps were great though.

My screen failed the first day I had it...bottom half became unusable, and I had to get a replacement phone. It started with a slight screen jitter and then progressed to a gray screen with dark gray stripes. It would somewhat come and go based on the angle it was held, but the screen was unusable more than half of the time.

That sound like a lemon.

Howie Dub

Reaction score

it's unplugged now and still having the unresponsive issue. It's great for a little while after I turn it off and back on again, but always becomes sluggish/unresponsive shortly. As I'm typing this, the X has gone from unresponsive to responsive and back again. I'm thinking something is syncing in the background, but I can only think that it's gmail. I stopped all processes that I don't use, like the news widget.

jroc10

Reaction score
I'm having the same exact issue. This is happening when it's plugged in or not. I first thought it was because of the screen protector, but that's not the case. I removed it and still have the same issue. Can not slide the unlock bar over. I will be going back to best buy tomorrow to hopefully get a replacement..

tiger187126

Reaction score
it seems like the phone just freezes up and becomes unresponsive. i click the lock button because it works but then i can't even unlock it because the screen is completely unresponsive.

i've had to battery pull it twice now and the second time i did it my battery indicator went from 30% to 70%, showing the other issue i'm having.

coming from a blackberry the battery pull is nothing new, just disappointing and i hope the fix is coming no later than 2.2.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
Well, it's not a good thing, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I wish that I could take it back to verizon and them just give me a new phone and then I can send this one back. that's how I've done it in the past. I had the storm when it first came out and they would send me one and then I would send the old one in. Maybe they can get some in and they will exchange them then. Thanks yall for all the input that yall are having as well.

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Everything regarding the touch screen on my droid x has been perfect except one thing: on google images there is absolutely no response when i tap an image...doesn't highlight the image nor open it. The only way to open the picture is to hold down it and select" view image". Anyone else having this problem?

tiger187126

Reaction score
Yeah that's the only thing holding me back. I don't want to wait to get a replacement

outkastragtop

Reaction score
Yea i love everything else about the phone and went crazy to find one so i don't wanna wait for another one. The other problem is wen i do actually open the picture from google it's either really small or i enlarge it and the quality is horrendous. Anyone else having these problems? And when and how will we get this fixed cuz i can't deal with it.

dgsof12

Reaction score
these are all problems related to software. same thing happens on my droid and my friends G1. hopefully froyo will fix these........

Speed6onMeth

Reaction score
My phone's screen started acting up first day I had it. All of a sudden the screen started jittering and going in and out. Did the battery & sd card trick and the phone worked great for the whole next day. Now it's back to jittering again! The battery & sd card trick didn't work this time!

Chrisstowe

Reaction score

I've had the same problem with my droid! I called verizon and they sent me a new one and a free car mount less than 24hrs and the new one is working great so far