Droid X screen issues already!!!!!

DroidX101

Reaction score
So I got the droid the other night at a launch event. When I get home at 1:30am, i start messing with the phone. I noticed that the screen in not as responsive as it should be. I figured that it was the screen protector so I have taken it off, did a soft reset, and a hard reset. changed themes, and just about everthing that I can think of. I took it to verizon today, and they said that I have to go back to my old phone, and send the X in. It will take 1week-week 1/2 to order another one. Has anyone else had this problem, I would imagine with my luck, I'm the 1st. Any ideas!

ewells2420

Reaction score
Its mostly likely a software issue, not the phone. You would be sending it in for no reason.

jray1

Reaction score
I have had some issues with wallpapers and the phone just locked up on me earlier after using the task killer. I had to do a battery pull to get going again.

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
Its mostly likely a software issue, not the phone. You would be sending it in for no reason.

Your are probably correct, Froyo is supposed to be coming out next month. I might just deal with it till then. The other problem is it makes me miss my calls cause the slider will not open.

...anyway to move this to the tech section?

Last edited:

ewells2420

Reaction score

Your are probably correct, Froyo is supposed to be coming out next month. I might just deal with it till then. The other problem is it makes me miss my calls cause the slider will not open.

...anyway to move this to the tech section?

wait ...... wut?

OP
D

DroidX101

Reaction score
I do have lookout and advance task killer on the phone. and what I ment about the slider not opening, was i cannot slide the slider to answer any calls.

mjrupkp

Reaction score
I have the same problem. My phone also freezes when plugged in! Verizon is sending new phone. Not sure that's the answer!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. My phone also freezes when plugged in! Verizon is sending new phone. Not sure that's the answer!

Probably not. Sounds like it's more likely a problem with the charger. The original DROID is known to be flaky with chargers, it wouldn't surprise me if the X has the same problem.

BOA

Reaction score
I do have lookout and advance task killer on the phone. and what I ment about the slider not opening, was i cannot slide the slider to answer any calls.

delete ATK and lookout and see what happens then. Just out of curiosity.

It's ALWAYS a good idea to use the phone as is to get a baseline of the phone. Installing all kinds of software doesn't help when you have something new. You don't know how it's supposed to behave. For all you know it's what you installed that's causing problems and nothing to do with the phone.

My phone is fine; I have installed basic apps but I'm using the same launcher and not using any task killers etc.

Try going back to stock setup and see if it helps.

CrashF16

Reaction score
My screen failed the first day I had it...bottom half became unusable, and I had to get a replacement phone. It started with a slight screen jitter and then progressed to a gray screen with dark gray stripes. It would somewhat come and go based on the angle it was held, but the screen was unusable more than half of the time.