Droid x running slow

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
I've never used one since day one also and have never had a issue. I found an article on it. Ill have to find it again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
I've never used one since day one also and have never had a issue.

lol...

I just don't understand why it seems to not cause any issues for me. I must admit all the apps i have set to auto kill are most definitely not Android OS apps

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I just don't understand why it seems to not cause any issues for me. I must admit all the apps i have set to auto kill are most definitely not Android OS apps

Automatically killing tasks doesn't always cause problems. Killing stuff that comes with the phone is often where people run in to trouble. As far as killing things that you've installed:
- why not find alternative apps that don't run when you don't want them to instead of having to kill them?
- if an app starts up again by itself then killing it is perpetuating an endless loop that uses battery and will slow your phone
- if an app is sitting idly in the background, there's no reason to kill it as it is using zero resources and Android is smart enough to kill it as necessary. An autokill app of your own just duplicates the effort, using resources and opening up an avenue for problems.

If you're happy with it, then that's fine. I can imagine certain circumstances (if you've installed poorly designed apps, for example) where an auto task killer is necessary. Also specifically on the Droid X after the Gingerbread update:

While I'm usually 100% against automated task killers, the X requires one to work around this bug. Hopefully an update will fix this, but for now downloading a "memory manager" app and setting it to "mild" does the trick. See here: https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/458810#458810

Heywood

Reaction score
Automatically killing tasks doesn't always cause problems. Killing stuff that comes with the phone is often where people run in to trouble. As far as killing things that you've installed:
- why not find alternative apps that don't run when you don't want them to instead of having to kill them?
- if an app starts up again by itself then killing it is perpetuating an endless loop that uses battery and will slow your phone
- if an app is sitting idly in the background, there's no reason to kill it as it is using zero resources and Android is smart enough to kill it as necessary. An autokill app of your own just duplicates the effort, using resources and opening up an avenue for problems.

If you're happy with it, then that's fine. I can imagine certain circumstances (if you've installed poorly designed apps, for example) where an auto task killer is necessary. Also specifically on the Droid X after the Gingerbread update: