DROID x running liberty. 6 cannot get into recovery or bootstrapper

Rezael

Reaction score
SOLVED: DROID x running liberty. 6 cannot get into recovery or bootstrapper

Hey im trying to install lb gb v.7 but cannot seem to get into clockwork recovery or bootstrapper. Someone Help!
Edit : ok turn off jab debugging goto mycricket wireless forums d/l the DROID 2 bootstrapper and straps it and reboot into recovery . Wiped cache and manually installed v.7. Went thru smashingly!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

leviathngod

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. It just reboots and after the boot logo all I get is a black screen. I have to battery pull after that and then I can boot into LGB.

Smack77

Reaction score
Did you install the droid 2 bootstrapper? It seems to have the least problems. When you log into v.06 you can also try to disable USB debugging in settings and see that works.

flash010

Reaction score
I had the same issue this morning when i was trying a new theme. What I had to do is un-install clockworkmod and reinstall, then flash clockwork in the clockwork app menue. The find the theme on your card and hold down for 2 seconds, go to the bottom where it says clockwork mod. This worked for me! hope it helps..

Last edited:

leviathngod

Reaction score
I originally installed clockwork bootsrapper through the liberty toolbox and it was going to a black screen after the boot logo after I tried to reboot recovery. So, then I tried installing the DROID X BOOTSTRAPPER app and set it up and then tried to reboot recovery. This had the same results. Please help me :)

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I originally installed clockwork bootsrapper through the liberty toolbox and it was going to a black screen after the boot logo after I tried to reboot recovery. So, then I tried installing the DROID X BOOTSTRAPPER app and set it up and then tried to reboot recovery. This had the same results. Please help me :)

Try using this bootstrapper I compiled from the D2Bootstrap code, instead of paying for it on the market.

http://bit.ly/jBG5Ps

leviathngod

Reaction score
I tried the LGB bootstrap and had the same issue. I'm running LGB .6 with the updated kernal and I did a data wipe before installing .6. I dunno, what should I do?

leviathngod

Reaction score
I uninstalled the Liberty Toolbox, Droid X Bootstrap Recovery and Koveleski's LGB Bootstrap Recovery and then restarted my phone. After that I installed Koveleski's LGB Recovery and now I'm golden. Everything works perfectly. Thank you all for your help.

Capper

Reaction score
Tried updating to .7 this afternoon....same problems as others...wiped data and cache. When it rebooted I get the orange fist and then a black screen. Tried unchecking usb debugging, no difference. Tried booting into bootstrap and recovery through the toolbox, phone just reboots. Tried the bootstrap listed in this, thread... Didn't work. Tried uninstalling the toolbox... Now I can't reinstall the toolbox because I get a server error.
I'm really pissed at this point, I can't so anything with my phone. Do I sbf back to .340? Will that work? Does the developer have any ideas or fixes?

Capper

Reaction score
Any ideas?
I can't access the market (it says server error)
I can't boot into recovery , the phone just reboots.
I have tried factory reset, it just reboots
I can't really do anything... I've tried everything I can think of, and everything in this thread.
Since I am on .596, can I sbf? What would I sbf to?

Capper

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really not impressed....kinda pissed. SBF'ed back to .340, installed Liberty 2.01, then the toolbox, the only thing that shows up under nightlies is .7.

This sucks....

I remember a thread last week where people were sniveling because ROMs weren't being posted frequently, they wanted "Nightlies". I like new ROMs as much as anyone, but I think people should quit complaining at the devs and let them release updates at their own pace....when things are stable and ready to go. I really dont enjoy having to completely rebuild my phone because a patch/new ROM goes FUBAR.

Last edited: