Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
[video=youtube;hOFtqI12d80]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOFtqI12d80&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - DroidX-Video-New Rom[/video]

FrostMan

Reaction score
I don't want to disprove anything, because I know birdman released a custom rom for the Droid X already. It's just that all I really saw there was a custom bootanimation, which can be changed without even rooting your phone. Simple adb push to data/local does the trick.

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Really though, this video has no quantifiable proof to back it up.

@Shadez, have you found a thread/post/page/wiki that shows this is anything but a custom boot animation?

Don't mean to be a dirty skeptic, but it took birdman and crew some serious effort to get to where they are at with ROMs.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Really though, this video has no quantifiable proof to back it up.

@Shadez, have you found a thread/post/page/wiki that shows this is anything but a custom boot animation?

Don't mean to be a dirty skeptic, but it took birdman and crew some serious effort to get to where they are at with ROMs.

Heya, nope, Im not even rooted.. If I see something that looks interesting in that area I just throw it up for you guys to debate :)

Soupy McD

Reaction score
Heya, nope, Im not even rooted.. If I see something that looks interesting in that area I just throw it up for you guys to debate :)

Hey thanks for the info though! Not tryin' to be a jerk or anything. I just saw that vid on a post below and thought the same thing... I'll continue to look for a ROM of this so called DX Sapphire and if I find it I'll post it... no work today!

Reaction score
If you watch closely, and have the video playing full screen, you can see that when the phone boots up he selects the phones "stock launcher" which then opens up to the vanilla Android 2.2 launcher instead of blur :D

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I can't wait to get me some Sapphire goodness on my X... They are the best ROM IMO on the Droid so I can only assume this is going to rock!!

713King

Reaction score
If you watch closely, and have the video playing full screen, you can see that when the phone boots up he selects the phones "stock launcher" which then opens up to the vanilla Android 2.2 launcher instead of blur :D

Lol ty.. these people are blind. Also cvps is asking for donations so they can get a droid x and work on the X some more

xlivewire7x

Reaction score

Lol ty.. these people are blind. Also cvps is asking for donations so they can get a droid x and work on the X some more

Dude don't try to call people blind just for being observant and skeptical. They were being nice about it and wanted to make sure that the story was all it was cracked up to be. If it weren't for people like that we'd still think the Earth was flat and the sun revolved around use :)

hacku

Reaction score

I too was a little skeptical until you pointed out the launcher.

Hope to see/hear more about this ROM soon.

irishpride

Reaction score

Dude don't try to call people blind just for being observant and skeptical. They were being nice about it and wanted to make sure that the story was all it was cracked up to be. If it weren't for people like that we'd still think the Earth was flat and the sun revolved around use :)

I really doubt that the team behind the Sapphire ROMs would throw their reputation in the Android community by posting some BS and saying they have a ROM for the DX. There are so many people on here and other sites talking about these guys like they are Jake Day or something. C'mon people, have a little faith.