Droid X & RSDlite

Reaction score
I'm trying to SBF back to stock Android 2.2 (I'm currently on the GB leak and I want to start over with a bone stock Droid X) and I've done this a couple times before, but its been awhile, and I am having an issue for the first time, my issue being; my Droid X is not showing up in RSDlite! Can't figure out why, I have the latest 4.9 Moto Drivers, I have the latest version of RSDlite, same one I've always used, I got my phone plugged into thru USB, and I selected PC Mode, and I made sure i have USB Debugging on (cant remember if that was a requirement, but I always have it on anyways) but its not showing up. I tried selecting USB Mass Storage mode too, just to see if that would work, and still not showing up. Any suggestions on how to fix this ? I remember reading a thread about someone having the same problem a few months back, but i cant find the thread to see how they resolved the issue. So I need someones help lol. And like i said, I've never had any issues with RSDlite, its always showed my device (I've used it on both the Droid X, Droid 2 Global) and SBF'd my phone perfectly, so I've never had to troubleshoot it before.

EDIT - Also, i couldn't remember if i was supposed to put my phone into stock recovery mode in order to get it to show up, so I tried that, but when i get to the screen wiith the lil android guy with the exclamation point, i try hitting the search button like i am supposed to, but it does nothing ! so dont know whats going on with that either. I would really like to get my phone back to stock Froyo, cause my copy of GB leak is running so sluggishly since I installed the ZombieStomped CustomROM for GB, so i would like to go back

Last edited:
OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
i'm a friggin idiot, i forgot i had to be in bootloader mode, not recovery mode, so after doing that, and for some reason i had to set the "DeviceID" option, to First come First Serve, and then it showed up, so there we go, answered my own question, although i'm still not sure, why i wouldn't let me boot into stock recovery, like i said, when i would reach the screen with the lil android guy and the exclamation point, and then i hit search, nothing would happen, i would have to pull my battery to get it to reset. so still not sure what was up with that. Any thoughts on that one. tho i've never tried booting into stock recovery when i had CWM/Bootstraper installed. Does your phone not boot into stock recovery when you have CWM installed ?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
OK, so now it finished doing its thing is RSDlite, then went to the main bootscreen, which from some reason is still showing the bootlogo for ZombieStomped, and RSDlite said to manually power up the phone, so i tried pressing power but it wouldnt do anything, do i pulled the battery and then replaced it, turned it on, and it went back to the ZombieStomped logo and stayed there again forever, so i again pulled the battery and this time held down the power button and homebutton to go into stock recovery and again once i got to the lil android guy with the exclamation point, it would do nothing when i hit the search button, so i pulled the battery again, and tried booting normally, and now its just sitting at the zombiestomped bootlogo and doing nothing, its been sitting this way for like 30min, and now I have no idea wtf to do. obviously since my phone is turning on, its not bricked, but i dont now wtf to do, and if I try closing RSDlite, it says if i stop RSDlite it could damage the connected device, so i hit cancel so that wouldn't happen, so now I'm just stuck. I tried unplugging my phone from the USB and rebooting and booting into stock recovery with the same results. I'm completely stumped. Please help, i really need my phone lol

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you figured out your own problem. As far as recovery goes, sometimes when using rom manager, you need to flash cwm multiple times. For some reason it doesn't always flash the first time. One time I had to uninstall rom manager and delete the cwm folder on my sdcard and then reinstall rom manager to get recovery to flash properly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
no i didn't figure it out lol, you musta read that wrong, I wasn't talking about going to CWM i was tlaking about the stock recovery, and now my phone is just sitting at the boot screen, which its still showing the boot logo for the GB Custom ROM i flashed, so obviously its didn't properly SBF my phone otherwise it would be showing the Moto Boot logo. And now, somehow i got it to actually go to stock recovery from the screen with the exclamation point, and then i restored factory data and wiped cached, then rebooted the phone, which should work, but after i restarted, it just went back to the same bootlogo for the CustomROM, and then just continued to sit there doing nothing. I am completely confused on whats happening here. So I'm trying to SBF once again hoping it will work this time. But like i said, after SBF'ing, it should not be showing the boot logo for the custom ROM i had installed. which i just looked at my phone, and it finished the SBF process, and it again is showing the ZombieStomped logo. theres is something majorly wrong here. I am so stuck and dont know what to do. And a job is supposed to be calling me to let me kno if i'm hired in a few hours, and so i need my phone fixed asap. Someone please help me ! nothing i am doing is working, and obviously the SBF process is not working cause its not showing the Moto boot logo like it should. And i just noticed in RSDlite where its supposed to show my Device, its saying "N/A" under most of the details, instead of showing the name of my phone and all that stuff. wtf is up with that

here's what its showing in RSDlite under Device Details -

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A
Technology: N / A
Software Version: N / A
Flex Version: N / A
Bootloader Version: v0x003004
DRM Version: N / A
AP Die ID: 0d5001142f9e3a0a0000d8ff0100
BP Die ID: 0000000000000000b55432890485
AP Public ID: 75acb5ee66c231146605fd44b76cd6e608101f5b
BP Public ID: 040000000500000002000000ffff00002d003289

Last edited:

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, as I don't have a Droid x, I might not be able to help you then, but I will try. What stock recovery file are you trying to flash back to and where did you get it?

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe pm me as you are not allowed to post the link here in Droid forums.!

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Well, as I don't have a Droid x, I might not be able to help you then, but I will try. What stock recovery file are you trying to flash back to and where did you get it?

its the SBF file for Droid X, the .340 one, i've used it before and it worked fine. I dont know what the problem is. I was on the GB leak version .591, and i had ZombieStomped custom ROM installed on it, and it was running a lil sluggish so I decided i wanted to go back to stock Froyo .340 so i went to run RSD lite, and then everything i detailed in my posts has happened. and i tried SBF ing again, just to have it say it was done, and tell me to manually boot the phone, but it was till showing the ZombieStomped boot logo, and not the Moto one like it should, and it just sat there and sat there, so i booted into stock recovery again, and once again wiped data and cache, and then rebooted, and it again went back to the ZombieStomped bootlogo, and its just sitting there, and has been for the last 20min. nothing i am doing is working. My phone cant be bricked cause otherwise my phone wouldn't turn on, but it might as well be, cause nothing is working

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried unplugging your phone from the computer and select eject Motorola drivers from the system tray on your computer then try to plug it back in?

OP
BackSeatSuicide
Reaction score
Have you tried unplugging your phone from the computer and select eject Motorola drivers from the system tray on your computer then try to plug it back in?

i dont have that option, i am on Windows 7 if that makes a difference.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use windows 7 too, might not be showing up in the system tray part, there as an option that will let you see it though.