Droid X rooting issue

mannw2010

Reaction score
I've got the droid x and im running 2.2.1 i've been wanting to root for awhile, so today I read about the easy root app. I downloaded it from unstable apps and installed to my sd card, I opened and installed the app and hit the "root me" button and was then directed to the screen that tells you your rooted and to reboot, I did a reboot, went back to easy root and it resets like its not rooted and gives you the option to root me I thought maybe it was wrong so I installed wifi tether but it tells me my phone isn't rooted, can someone plz help!!!

en28so

Reaction score
Did you use Z4root? That's the easiest one for me.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running gummyJar 2.5 underclocked ( to save battery).

OP
M

mannw2010

Reaction score
Well I downloaded z4 but I only did the temp root and even with the temp root I couldn't use the wifi tether is there anything else I need to do to make it work besides installing the app and hitting the button?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
Do you have your phone set on usb debugging? Applications+development +usb debugging (make sure it has a check mark). Make sure you have the latest version of z4root also. Get it from the xda forums.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

OP
M

mannw2010

Reaction score
Ok I turned on the usb debugging and just did the permanent root using z4 my phone is now rooted and successfully running wifi tether do you have any suggestions for apps that are root only?

en28so

Reaction score
Ok I turned on the usb
debugging and just did the permanent root using z4 my phone is now rooted and successfully running wifi tether do you have any suggestions for apps that are root only?

OK, I'm glad it worked. Before you continue to modify your phone I suggest you get boot strap from the market and create a backup of your phone as it is right now (stock in other words). That way if something goes wrong, you got a place to go back. Install boot strap, then do this : hit boot strap recover, then hit reboot recovery. Then using the volume down button look for "restore, backup " choose with camera button "back up " let it do its thing but make sure your battery is fully charged. When it says finished go back with the power button to boot system (reboot). Now you can carry on. Rooted only apps that I use :jrummy overclock (to make your phone faster and save battery life), titanium backup (for backing up your apps), shoot me (so you can take screenshots of your device). Hope this helps.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

Fiorella

Reaction score
Thanks this trend was very helpful in resolving backup issue

Sent from my rooted DROIDX using DroidForums App

en28so

Reaction score
Thanks this trend was very helpful in resolving backup issue

Sent from my rooted DROIDX using DroidForums App
Sure no problem. I'm just helping others like they have helped me here. Thanks to droid forums and the many people here, I can give little tips that I have learned here.

Droid X. Rooted with Z4root and underclocked to save battery life.