Droid X Rooted....Here's what comes next...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the Dev's. I would say the first thing is possibly seeing if tweaks can be made to the system kernal, anyone care to OC a bit? :)

Well according to folks you can underclock it. So if you wanna save some battery you can drop it to 800 Mhz.

Give it time and they will be able to overclock too. There is a method for it. I mean the milestone is overclocked like the droid, but it has the locked bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I found a pretty nice app that lets you lower the brightness farther than the OS would normally allow. If interested search for. Adjbrightness. I get pretty good battery life but id like to drop by display draw from the massive 86% if I can lol.

To bad we can't start with the metamorphing yet :(

tomah

Reaction score
is there a chance that gaining root on the DX will set verizon off to bricking the phone?

jtdiddy

Reaction score
bloatware

i just rooted and i see the superpemissions ninja guy in my setting so i think it worked.

how do i go about uninstalling the bloatware and is there any particular bloatware that i can't uninstall? I wanna get rid of things like City ID and Blockbuster

thx!

Humpa

Reaction score

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
And removing the wrong items will stop the .604 update form completing. Just a FYI.

Carpetman

Reaction score
Root Explorer and Drocap2.

is there an app that works like Root Explorer but free?

I used drocap2,quickboot,adfree,obviously wireless tether. Does anyone know of an app to use led lights as a flashlight,without having to go to camcorder

how does quickboot work for you? does it really make a difference?

Keep up the suggestions btw dancedroid
Makes it easy to do a quickboot and once we have full root can get into bootoption without having to hold any buttons
I have wireless tether lnstalled but when I turn it on my laptop doesn't connect.Is there something that I need to set on the laptop?

Humpa

Reaction score
is there an app that works like Root Explorer but free?

how does quickboot work for you? does it really make a difference?

Keep up the suggestions btw dancedroid
Makes it easy to do a quickboot and once we have full root can get into bootoption without having to hold any buttons
I have wireless tether lnstalled but when I turn it on my laptop doesn't connect.Is there something that I need to set on the laptop?
Yes, set up your laptop just like you normally would when connecting to wifi.
View available networks. Select the one that is your X. Click Connect. Put in the password. That's about it.

What step are you stuck on? You said you "turned on" wifi tether. Did you look at the settings? You can change the name (SSID) and also the password and encryption type (web/wpa?). Is your laptop not seeing the wifi tether hotspot? Does it see it but not connect?

Carpetman

Reaction score
Yes, set up your laptop just like you normally would when connecting to wifi.
View available networks. Select the one that is your X. Click Connect. Put in the password. That's about it.

What step are you stuck on? You said you "turned on" wifi tether. Did you look at the settings? You can change the name (SSID) and also the password and encryption type (web/wpa?). Is your laptop not seeing the wifi tether hotspot? Does it see it but not connect?

Can't find how to set up to connect to wifi.

Carpetman

Reaction score
Can't find how to set up to connect to wifi.

did you get any errors when running it?

No errors. The Wireless Tether is on the phone and turns on when I tap the Icon and says "press to stop tethering" so it is working, but my laptop doesn't show it anywhere. I guess I need to set up something on the computer but I don't know what or how. I am connecting the computer through a wireless network at work but can't find a connection for the wireless tether.

Last edited: