1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X Rooted: Gingerbread Downloaded NOT installed, need help removing

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tsouthall, Jul 9, 2011.

1. tsouthall

tsouthall New Member

My rooted Droid X received the gingerbread update (I was unable to stop it). I removed the battery twice, but each time i put it back it the download restarted. It was apparent I was not going to be able to stop it so I did hit the 1 click and removed the root from my phone before the download finished - I wasn't sure what would happen if the download completed on my rooted phone. Althought the update downloaded, I have not installed the update and need help removing it.

I am now unable to do the 1 Click root or to use my wifi tethering since this downloaded - again it is not installed.

That was all that I used the root for (tethering). I have not removed any bloatware or changed anything on the phone.

ANY help is appreciated.
  2. leonozug

leonozug New Member

You could try to factory reset it, or if that don't work, SBF it and then do the factory reset, re-root it and install CM7 for the DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. tsouthall

tsouthall New Member

wouldn't a factory reset delete all of my apps?
    what is SBF, it that easy to do?
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

Sbf is flashing your phone with the stock system file. In your case, Android 2.2.1. A factory reset will erase your apps, but when you sign into the market, they will all redownload

Apex 2.0 Revolution