Droid x roms and ports?

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Ok so im new to all this rooting stuff and I rooted my phone recently, my question is how do I go about installing roms, and I was wanting to get the gingerbread rom, and/or somethin cool

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Look in my signature for steps on flashing a ROM. As for gingerbread, you can't get true gingerbread until Motorola releases it, however you can get a gingerbread "theme". Check out my signature for more help. :)

OP
CID KHAOS

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Look in my signature for steps on flashing a ROM. As for gingerbread, you can't get true gingerbread until Motorola releases it, however you can get a gingerbread "theme". Check out my signature for more help. :)

Im not seeing ur signature, a ROMS like the launcher stuff right? Like I said im new at all this and not sure what's what, but I like cell phones and want to learn all this stuff and I catch on fast, but the simpiler u explane things the better im a lil blond lol but anything will help.

As for the gingerbread update even though im rooted will I still get it? Some ppl have said yes and some ppl have said no.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
ROMs replace the entire phone system.

You can't see signatures from the forum app.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
You aren't going to be able to run Gingerbread yet, the closest thing you can get is to install a custom rom and then place a Gingerbread theme on top of it.

Custom roms come in two flavors, Blur and Blurless.

Blur uses the stock motorola user interface that you are probably used too.

Blurless is basically as close to the stock android operating system that we can get.

I'd suggest browsing through the ROM sub-forums here and finding a rom and a theme that you like and that post that in here. I, or someone else, would be happy to walk you through the steps.

OP
CID KHAOS

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
You aren't going to be able to run Gingerbread yet, the closest thing you can get is to install a custom rom and then place a Gingerbread theme on top of it.

Custom roms come in two flavors, Blur and Blurless.

Blur uses the stock motorola user interface that you are probably used too.

Blurless is basically as close to the stock android operating system that we can get.

I'd suggest browsing through the ROM sub-forums here and finding a rom and a theme that you like and that post that in here. I, or someone else, would be happy to walk you through the steps.

Ok well I have found a apex rom by fabolous that I wanted, do I have to have to dx bootstrapper to install it? And if so is there anyway to get it free or is paying for it the only way?

pkbest

Reaction score
Yes and google it. I got the apk free

OP
CID KHAOS

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Ok so im setting up my desktops and I can't find my dx bootlegged do I have to download it again?

mcp770

Reaction score
Ok so im setting up my desktops and I can't find my dx bootlegged do I have to download it again?

If you wiped data then yes. all user apps are deleted when you do that including dx bootstrap app. So if you followed the instructions installing your rom you would have done just that. However, if you downloaded the app from the lonk above it should still be on your sd card in the downloads folder.

OP
CID KHAOS

CID KHAOS

Reaction score
Ok thanks im still kinda new at this, but im getting the hang out it