Droid X ROM stuck in the past..

kidqwik

Reaction score
So months ago I updated my Droid to I think it was the first leak which my DX is showing as running 2.3.9.MB810. I also rooted my phone. I never received the official OTA from Verizon that came out after. Here I am, months later with the same update and what I think is becoming obvious that I will never receive any OTA updates since I didn't even get an update msg last night about the Moto update that was pushed to testers even though I was supposed to be included and my phone still says Up To Date when I try to pull. What should I do at this point if I want to set my phone to be able to get OTAs and still be rooted? Will I have to restore all my apps/info if whatever I have to do? I've read through all the forums, ROMs, etc and I see can't do this with that one, need this file for another, etc. When I switched to this update it removed the old look of the stock Swype that was on it so I rooted basically to replace the new white colored stock Swype files to the old black ones. Any suggestions and how I should proceed from here with being able to get new OTAs, etc without having to wipe my phone and start from scratch?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use the 2.1 sbf then you can get back to stock 2.1 and start taking updates. not really another way since moto made it a point to not let leaked users getting OTAs.

you can reroot.

OP
K

kidqwik

Reaction score
use the 2.1 sbf then you can get back to stock 2.1 and start taking updates. not really another way since moto made it a point to not let leaked users getting OTAs.

you can reroot.

Thanks Abe. As an alternative, do you think it would be easier to just update to the 2.3.20 leak and then hope there will be an update.zip someone will leak to the latest official update that Verizon/Moto will put out?

OP
K

kidqwik

Reaction score
i dont really think so.

Hi Abe. I rolled back to 2.1 without a hitch following the instructions. When I goto About Phone, Update, it says I have the latest version of the software on my phone. I'm still at 2.1 though. It says my system version is 1.13.604.MB810. Firmware version 2.1update1. Do I have to take it into the store to get them to put it back to 2.2? Not sure why the update is being piped through to me.

Last edited:

terroh8er

Reaction score
I just did the same thing and now I'm having the same trouble.