Droid X Ringtones Problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Chriswf, Nov 3, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Chriswf

Chriswf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Drode X, has had all the updates and is supported by verizon. It will not play the ringtone that is set. Instead it only rings like an ordinary phone. If anyone knows why or is having the same problem please tell me.
  2. davidnc

davidnc New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    There is a known issue posted in the motorola fourms of if you are meaning that you are setting custom ringtones and another ringtones plays??

I copied and pasted the issue and reply as it appeared on motorola website

18. custom ringtones work fine until at some unknown time the custom ringtone does not ring, the default ringtone rings. the contact setting still shows my custom ringtone. A reboot of the phone corrects the problem for a random amount of time.
    This is the known but as-yet unsolved issue where any on-device media -- and some types from Web -- suddenly stop working until after a reboot. On Droid 2 and X. We are working on it
  3. joeshell20

joeshell20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    YOU MUST BE ROOTED. This is how you fix: you can move your mp3 ringtones from /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones to /system/media/audio/ringtones.
    Open terminal
    Su
    mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
    chmod 777 /system
    cp /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones/filename.mp3 /system/media/audio/ringtones
    Reboot
    This will move the mp3 you specify on your sdcard to phone memory and stop the annoying random ringtone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App[/QUOTE
  4. Chriswf

Chriswf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I know this porbly is going to sound stuped. But, how do I open terminal?
  5. joeshell20

joeshell20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to download it from the market. Just search terminal. Need to be sure to enter every command exactly as you see above.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App