Droid X Restarts?

timrock

Reaction score
If you have a nandroid backup, you're golden. May have to re-root and get back into recovery to restore. Everything will be exactly as it is now...
Thoughts MrKleen?

Just do a factory reset from privacy under settings. Even if you were on a rom it would just load it fresh.

Just don't forget to re bootstap if you downloaded the free version.
i have droid x bootstrap and i have a couple of backups as well, with both titanium and bootstrap.
Curious, does it do when when coming back from a sleep state? Any apps frozen with Titanium backup?
it boots up as normal. the apps that i froze, are still frozen.

Stevessvt

Reaction score
If you have a nandroid backup, you're golden. May have to re-root and get back into recovery to restore. Everything will be exactly as it is now...
Thoughts MrKleen?

Just do a factory reset from privacy under settings. Even if you were on a rom it would just load it fresh.

Just don't forget to re bootstap if you downloaded the free version.
i have droid x bootstrap and i have a couple of backups as well, with both titanium and bootstrap.
Curious, does it do when when coming back from a sleep state? Any apps frozen with Titanium backup?
it boots up as normal. the apps that i froze, are still frozen.
Mine would reboot but only after I froze some apps with Titanium back up. Maybe a link.....

Stevessvt

Reaction score
After unlocking the screen, not at boot up. And it would be random,.....unlock then spontaneous reboot. Maybe once or twice a day.

xliderider

Reaction score
I posted this on another forum, but it may apply to your rebooting problem, you might want to test if it's your sd card before doing the Factory Data Reset:

A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can also cause a boatload of problems on a device, certainly everything the OP has described.

If you have a spare sd card, put it in your phone and the problems should go away if something on your original card was not right. If you don't have a spare, take the sd card out of the phone and test it without the memory card.

If it is the card causing the problems, transfer the contents of your card to your PC and reformat the card in the phone. Then move only essential files and folders back to the card and test for a while. Repeat in small batches until you have found the bad file or all of the files/folders that you want are back on the card. If you don't find a bad file, don't worry, it was probably something wrong with the filesystem (FAT, File Allocation Table) that was causing your device's problems, the formatting of the card would fix that.

timrock

Reaction score
I posted this on another forum, but it may apply to your rebooting problem, you might want to test if it's your sd card before doing the Factory Data Reset:

A bad file/filesystem on your sd card can also cause a boatload of problems on a device, certainly everything the OP has described.

If you have a spare sd card, put it in your phone and the problems should go away if something on your original card was not right. If you don't have a spare, take the sd card out of the phone and test it without the memory card.

If it is the card causing the problems, transfer the contents of your card to your PC and reformat the card in the phone. Then move only essential files and folders back to the card and test for a while. Repeat in small batches until you have found the bad file or all of the files/folders that you want are back on the card. If you don't find a bad file, don't worry, it was probably something wrong with the filesystem (FAT, File Allocation Table) that was causing your device's problems, the formatting of the card would fix that.

you might be right. i just recently instered a 32gb card, but i didnt format it (silly me). I was also having issues with Gallery opening up. it would open and then immediately close. So i popped in my old card, it works fine now. Thanks for the tip. I will format the 32gb when i get home. appreciate it.

xliderider

Reaction score

you might be right. i just recently instered a 32gb card, but i didnt format it (silly me). I was also having issues with Gallery opening up. it would open and then immediately close. So i popped in my old card, it works fine now. Thanks for the tip. I will format the 32gb when i get home. appreciate it.

Makes sense, I also had Gallery problems (pics didn't show up) when I had to reformat my card.

Glad it helped. :)

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3V
The random reboots have been happening to me, as well... and I am about to throw my phone into the fireplace. I have owned it since September and never had a problem until the 2.3.340 update. Not only the random reboots but the gallery not working correctly and me having to use another app to view my images.

I've about had it, really.

jfrost1920

Reaction score
I know that my reboots are definitely tied to the freezing of apps through Titanium Backup. I froze all the bloatware. Immediately afterwards, the phone started rebooting at least 2 to 3 times a day. I unfroze everything and it went a week with 0 problems. Froze apps again. Reboots a couple times a day. Now I am in the process of freezing one app every couple days and trying to find out which one is causing the problem.

timrock

Reaction score
I had the issue of the gallery not working. I formatted my card and the gallery works fine now. Try it. But of course make sure your copy the contents to your pc.
The random reboots have been happening to me, as well... and I am about to throw my phone into the fireplace. I have owned it since September and never had a problem until the 2.3.340 update. Not only the random reboots but the gallery not working correctly and me having to use another app to view my images.

I've about had it, really.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Stevessvt

Reaction score
I know that my reboots are definitely tied to the freezing of apps through Titanium Backup. I froze all the bloatware. Immediately afterwards, the phone started rebooting at least 2 to 3 times a day. I unfroze everything and it went a week with 0 problems. Froze apps again. Reboots a couple times a day. Now I am in the process of freezing one app every couple days and trying to find out which one is causing the problem.

Post up if you figure out which it is.

Guitar4Him

Reaction score
I've had about 1 spontaneous reboot per day since the update occurred. Before the update, I never had any reboots.

BTW...I'm rooted, using Titanium backup and I have a small number of apps frozen.....hmmmmm.......

Ken

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Xperia Z3V
I had the issue of the gallery not working. I formatted my card and the gallery works fine now. Try it. But of course make sure your copy the contents to your pc.

Yea, I did the reformat a few days ago and it didn't fix it. Phone usually restarts a minimum of 3 times a day.

Also, I have never froze or removed any bloatware. I just hide them from my app drawer with LPP.

J

Johnly

It Happens some times, just how it goes......if you are getting that more than once a month, yes, look for a problem. The update did help the gallery. I never had to reformat my card, just a re boot. I do use a class 4 name brand one though.