Droid X Restarts?

Nydipset91

Reaction score
For some reason my 2 week old Droid X is restarting itself? I was using my old HTC Evo and I read online that it may the reason?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How often? No, the Evo would have nothing to do with it.

DroidForums junkie!!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Sounds like a software glitch. You shouldn't have to deal with this on a new phone, but I would do a factory reset. Its quick and easy to do... click your menu button then click settings, then privacy, then factory reset.

Its about 15 minutes of wasted time but it should fix your issue.

Good luck!

timrock

Reaction score
ive experienced this once in a while, mostly when i pulg my phone in to charge. coming from a blackberry tour, where it took about 15 minutes to reboot, 1 restart a day wont bother me.

MrKleen

Reaction score
With as easy as a factory reset is nobody should have to put up with any problems.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Titanium backup works wonders! I also use SMS Backup & Restore for my text messages.

DroidForums junkie!!

timrock

Reaction score
Titanium backup works wonders! I also use SMS Backup & Restore for my text messages.

DroidForums junkie!!

question: if i hard reset my phone, then root it, and then install titanium, will my phone restore to the way i have it now?

MrKleen

Reaction score
With as easy as a factory reset is nobody should have to put up with any problems.

i wouldnt mind, but restoring all my apps takes a while. plus im rooted.

The apparently all come back if you allow the syncing with Google. Z4root should have you rooted in a snap if you lose root. But yes it is a bit of a hassle.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You'd need to be rooted and backup before you do a hard reset.

DroidForums junkie!!

question: if i hard reset my phone, then root it, and then install titanium, will my phone restore to the way i have it now?

DroidForums junkie!!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Just do a factory reset from privacy under settings. Even if you were on a rom it would just load it fresh.

Just don't forget to re bootstap if you downloaded the free version.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Wasn't sure it would be the case with z4 or not. Go for it OP!

Just do a factory reset from privacy under settings. Even if you were on a rom it would just load it fresh.

DroidForums junkie!!

Stevessvt

Reaction score
Curious, does it do when when coming back from a sleep state? Any apps frozen with Titanium backup?