droid x resolution density stuck on 140

pythons49

Reaction score
I rooted my droid with z4 and changed the resolution to 140 now it is stuck there ,everything is way too small.I tried LCD density but when it reboots it gets stuck on droid startup screen only way to get it to boot is remove battery.But screen remains reall small. Please help

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I rooted my droid with z4 and changed the resolution to 140 now it is stuck there ,everything is way too small.I tried LCD density but when it reboots it gets stuck on droid startup screen only way to get it to boot is remove battery.But screen remains reall small. Please help

Use root explorer, mount r/w, go edit /system/build.prop. Find lcd_density and change the value. I think the original default is 240.

OP
P

pythons49

Reaction score
how do you alter settings in build prop dont understand how to change values also the words are so small can hardly see them thank you for help

OP
P

pythons49

Reaction score
I unrooted phone back to reset to original no help

kptphalkon

Reaction score
You could either use Root Explorer to find the build.prop file, long press and select text editor from the pop up list, find lcd.density in the file and set it back to 240, then save the file and reboot.

Or possibly try Jrummy's droid overclock app and find the set lcd density menu from the options or miscellaneous menus....forgot which.

OP
P

pythons49

Reaction score
thans all for help still stuck

I found the build.prop file and long pressed but no option came up to edit it. If I unroot it and use lcd density I can change it but then when I push phone icon to make a call it will not come up screen flashes then goes back to wallpaper. this droid is wierd since I rooted it,hope my phone isnt messed up now

OP
P

pythons49

Reaction score
ok changed screen size

ok figured out how to edit now screen size ok but my phone dialer will not come up when I push phone symble screen flashes and returns to wallpaper Please HELP!!

OP
P

pythons49

Reaction score
response

I rooted with i click az root app. I followed advice from someone else and fixed the screen resolution but the phone symbol on bottom will not activate the phone it flashes and returns to home wallpaper.

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
ok figured out how to edit now screen size ok but my phone dialer will not come up when I push phone symble screen flashes and returns to wallpaper Please HELP!!

Did you set your LCD_density back to the default value? I had an issue similar to this when I was playing with the Apex ROM where if I changed the LCD_density to another value, the blur dialer would crash. Make sure it is back to stock value and try the dialer again.