Droid X Replacement

tlozano09

Reaction score
ok so i have a few questions.
1) my Droid x (rooted) had a problem with the screen and i could only see 1/3 of it. i managed to install the maderstock .340 zip to return it to stock before going to verizon.
then i did a factory reset from the bootloader followed by another factory reset from the phone's settings.
i havent sent it in yet because im paranoid.

2) is there any way verizon or motorola can tell that it was rooted after the steps i took? (i know paranoid... but i cannot afford to pay the price for a voided waranty)

3) the "certified new" piece of s*** they sent me has rebooted at least 30 times today no joke. even after they gave me a new battery and i did two factory resets.

4) can i demand a brand new phone? or do i have to take my chances with another crappy replacement?

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't believe maderstcok removes bootstrap, the phone may reboot into clockwork sometimes. To be fully safe you can re-root then follow the steps in post 2 of the bootstrap thread in my signature to remove clockwork, then unroot then maybe another data wipe to be safe, or sbf.

You can try to get a new phone but chances are you will get another CLNR. I got one back in December due to a stuck power button and it is rock solid, stable at higher speeds than my original.

OP
T

tlozano09

Reaction score
I don't believe maderstcok removes bootstrap, the phone may reboot into clockwork sometimes. To be fully safe you can re-root then follow the steps in post 2 of the bootstrap thread in my signature to remove clockwork, then unroot then maybe another data wipe to be safe, or sbf.

You can try to get a new phone but chances are you will get another CLNR. I got one back in December due to a stuck power button and it is rock solid, stable at higher speeds than my original.

Wow I will definitely do that if I can but the problem is I can only see 1/3 of the screen so its kind of hard to use z4root because I can't see the buttons.
But thanks for your help! Really appreciate it

smd12

Reaction score
vz new policy as of jan 16th is you can't get a new phone unless it has been 14 days or less since purchasing the phone.

1KDS

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
z4 may be tricky, removing bootstrap with root explorer or terminal will be even harder without full use of your screen, you should be able to use the SBF since it doesn't involve doing hardly anything with the phone itself.