Droid x reboots

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
But will that address the fact that only 50% of my reboots occur when the screen is locked? Many times, I am flipping between home pages or using the phone and it locks for a couple seconds, and then reboots.

fezrock

Reaction score
Don't know about your revolts but as for mods...
Just read lots of threads about Tom's and such. It'll give you the itch something fierce! Once you start you'll get more comfortable. Once you screw up and see how simple it is to revert to stock and do it right most of your worries abate. Your choice but I really encourage you to read up first either way.

Sent from my liberated then wacked out then stocked then reliberated DROIDX using DroidForums App

fezrock

Reaction score
Ahem...
Reboots, not revolts! Although...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CASHPOINT

Reaction score
I'm not sure if it will for you but it did for me. Very easy app. to get and try.

fezrock

Reaction score
Need to proofread.
Roms, not toms

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I read the guide and decided to have a go. I did the Deodex and stuff, I made a Nandroid backup of my phone, and installed Liberty. Seemed to go fine, but the phone has not rebooted after the Liberty install. I get the Liberty boot screen and the revolving eagle logo, and that's it. It just keeps doing that. Been doing it for like 5 minutes now and my fear is that I fragged my phone.

This is why I didn't want to try a ROM. I rely on this phone, heavily, and cannot afford to jack it up. Sigh...

fezrock

Reaction score
Pull battery. Reboot. Your phone should reboot onto the clockwork menu. Clear cache. Clear data. Then you can either reboot immediately to stock. Or restore your nandroid that you backed up. Your phone will be fine. It can be a scary process I know.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pulled battery, does not reboot into the clockwork menu. Just tries to load the OS and stays stuck in this endless loop.

Any idears either than an SBF with RSDLite?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went into the normal bootloader utility and wiped the cache, no dice. Still stuck in the loop.

Just gonna ABF it, and then restore my Nandroid backup and call it a day. The coolness factor of themes and stuff, just isn't worth the risk of bricking a $500+ smart phone...

fezrock

Reaction score
Yeah I understand. I couldn't resist trying again after about a day since I managed to get back to where I was before I did wrong whatever it was. ( back to lib 1.0). You can still be rooted and get some great apps without rom-ing. Titanium backup made life after screwups far easier. Wireless tether let me use my computer online when my IP gave me some problems. Even the dx/d2 overclocker may be useful. You could try stock speed at low voltage and see if that helps your reboot problem. If so take the thing back for a new one. Better yet backup with titanium, then unroot, clear z4 and liberty files and anything requiring root access, and return it for one that works right. Then restore apps and settings with titanium after rerooting. A stock dx shouldn't reboot like yours does. Maybe you loaded a defective app recently? Some of them do some strange things to my phone. AllCallRecorder used to not work, then cut my mic and speaker off when I called people. Took some time to connect the dots. Uninstalled and no more problem.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I did the SBF with the stock 2.3.340 file, I wiped the cache, cleared all data and did a hard reset.

Phone still reboots, in fact, it just did it as I was trying to key in my Google account info.

And even after the SBF and all the clearing out and resets, it still has a Liberty splash screen when I start the phone, before the Droid "Eye" comes up.

I really should have just left this alone, it is worse off now than it ever was.

asaunders

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your woes. If you were online and in the forums last night, you could plainly see how freaked.out I got. Fortunately I got the ROM to work but, trust me, I feel your pain. Give it a few days and try again.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't understand, I don't have a few days. I cannot get my phone working, and it is the only phone that I have, which means I am screwed unless I want to go spend $500 that I don't have, on a new phone tomorrow.

This was a horrible idea, I never should have messed with it... sigh...

fezrock

Reaction score
The liberty splash after a hard wipe seems common. It happened on mine a few times. Is your battery temp high? Maybe your processor is crashing. Sometimes the baddies slip through the cracks. Give some time for the real answer people to catch this thread. In the meantime maybe you want to clear your phone of evidence in case you think you should return it. Still, try letting it sit for awhile powered down. Then start up and see if it is more stable.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, after 3 hours, I finally got it back to my restored backup. Still has the stupid Liberty logo when it boots, which could be a problem if I had to take this in for a replacement. How the hell do you get rid of that? How does an SBF and a hard reset not take care of that?

If the Gingerbread update doesn't fix it, I am going to get a Bionic or Thunderbolt and call it a day.