Droid X rebooting by itself?

Asterisk

Reaction score
So recently my X has been rebooting itself when I try to unlock it. Now it only started after I deoxed and put a theme on it. I went back to my back up before the theme and it kept doing it. Not really sure what is wrong with it. It only happens maybe 3 times a day but it is really annoying.

713King

Reaction score
that happened to me today, I unlocked the phone and my phone lagged up and rebooted it self. Are you running launcher pro??? because that's what I'm running maybe that's what is causing to reboot?

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Yeah I am running launcher pro. I bought it as well and the new pop ups for the bar freeze my phone when ever they tell me that I have a missed call or text.

Reaction score
I have been running Launcher Pro since I got the phone and have never had a self-restart of the phone. Even after the 2.2 update.

I know it isn't much, but maybe it can help you to rule something out.

FoFa

Reaction score
I have had mine do that twice, not running launcher whatever.
It would start to lag, then reboot.
has not done it in the last week however (i've only had it 2 weeks).
But I have updated a dozen apps in the last week.

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe it is an app because there are a few that I just downloaded a few days ago like hot reboot. Not sure if that could be it or not.

xliderider

Reaction score
A corrupted file/filesystem on your memory card can cause lagging/freezing and reboots. Easy way to test is to put another sd card in your device, if you have one, or take your sd card out of your phone and see if it runs fine without it.

If it looks like the card is to blame, then back up your card's contents to your computer. Then format your card and move only essential stuff back to the card, then move other folders/files back in small groups and test until everything you need is back on the card, or you find a bad file.

droidxep

Reaction score
Pretty sure its a known problem with 2.2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
leaked 2.2 (the first leak) id have it happen about once a day

OTA 2.2 havent had it happen.

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Is there any easier way to test files cause I don't really have the time to format and move everything back over.

TheFLaSH

Reaction score
This is a known problem. Been on Verizon and Motorola's site and there are plenty of people dealing with this. I demanded a New Replacement. Took me over an hour of saying no "like new" replacement but I got one.
I think there is a update coming to deal with it. I ran my phone stock for two weeks and still got a reboot. So far this one has been running like a champ, but so did my first for about a month.

Edward650

Reaction score
I've had the same issue and im not rooted or running any launchers. The phone lags and restarts

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Is there any easier way to test files cause I don't really have the time to format and move everything back over.

Yeah, take your card out and run it without the card for a while. If the rebooting stops, then you know.

But won't I lose certain things without having the sd card in when running the phone?