Droid X pushed back to 8/3 now!

cloutier

Reaction score
Are you guys getting charged with out a shipping notice?

they already charged my account and i still have no idea when its coming.

and i'm a new customer, so this doesn't bode well as a soft start to my new verizon membership.

Reaction score
Are you guys getting charged with out a shipping notice?

they already charged my account and i still have no idea when its coming.

and i'm a new customer, so this doesn't bode well as a soft start to my new verizon membership.

either way this isnt good but im just wondering u said they charged your account for the phone. but your not paying for the plan yet are they?

cloutier

Reaction score
either way this isnt good but im just wondering u said they charged your account for the phone. but your not paying for the plan yet are they?

not that i know of...i haven't linked it to any debit card, and the phone isn't activated, so they'd be really ****ing with the wrong person if they did that.

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
supposedly the 8/3 ship date is for any phones ordered on or after the 19th of july. anything before that (like myself on the 15th) will be shipped on or by the 23rd of july.

This isnt entirely true. I ordered a replacement device yesterday morning, and my ship date is still 7/27. Called last night and today to verify, same date. The date changed yesterday afternoon to 8/3, so there was some cutoff time, I just dont know when though.

jtdiddy

Reaction score
Wait is Over!!!

Ordered mine at 9amPST on launch day and my X just arrived today. Woohoo!!!

even better is that i have low expectations from a smartphone since coming from a Storm. So as long as the X turns on and doesn't freeze every ten minutes i will be happy dancedroid

cloutier

Reaction score
got my shipment confirmation about 20min ago, and i'll have it tomorrow before 3p!

HOT DAMN!

OP
T

the5rivers

Reaction score
Congrats to you guys getting your phone in the next couple of days! Enjoy it cuz its a beauty! Now I must anxiously await for my replacement lol.

You guys will love it though (at least I think you will).

SDroid87

Reaction score
Finally got my email with the shipment confirmation and tracking info. Ordered online at about noon on the 16th, shipped the 20th, and due for delivery the 23rd. I would say that's not bad at all considering the volume of orders that they've received in the past week.

omnicious

Reaction score
Is everyone here saying there's is arriving soon ordering from Verizon?

clborden

Reaction score
Finally got my email with the shipment confirmation and tracking info. Ordered online at about noon on the 16th, shipped the 20th, and due for delivery the 23rd. I would say that's not bad at all considering the volume of orders that they've received in the past week.

When you ordered yours, do you remember what the "shipped by" date was? I'm on the 8/03 list also...it's my fault for waiting till yesterday.

crb79

Reaction score
I believe VZW and Motorola were BLOWN away by the demand for the Droid X. After all, it truly is an Iphone killer and then some. I'd like to see sales numbers as I heard rumor by a VZW rep that they had expected to have over 100k phones distributed to stores throughout the US ready for release day. My local store had 200, and the 2 authorized retailers had 100 each, all 3 sold out in a matter of hours.

I've also heard that the date on the webpage is simply a "will ship by" date, and phones will ship as soon as they hit the warehouses. That would account for people getting tracking numbers for shipments before the date on the website listed.

Last edited:

SDroid87

Reaction score

When you ordered yours, do you remember what the "shipped by" date was? I'm on the 8/03 list also...it's my fault for waiting till yesterday.

When I ordered mine the shipped by date on their website was 7/23. Looks like they lived up to the date on the website and even beat it by a few days.