Droid X problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilot25

Reaction score
Can we get a sticky for this topic?

Anyone having hardware problems with your X please post them. Screen problems, camera, calls, antenna ;) etc...

Droid 1 had common problems with the camera and the prox sensor from the get go.

I want to get my wife an X but I'm not going to dive in until problems are uncovered and fixed. Seems with every device there are a string of quality control problems.

Sounds like right now there is a bit of lag with the browser and home scrolling. (And no, installing a home replacement isn't a fix. It's a band aid that shouldn't be required)

Anyone?

darreno1

Reaction score
Why don't you go down to a Verizon store and check one out yourself? What may be a problem for some isn't necessarily for someone else. For example, the browser has been very fast for me......all day.

And BTW, if you're waiting for the 'perfect' phone you'll be waiting in vain.

DX-owner

Reaction score
Droid X Issues

Now that we all have our X's, what issues are you guys finding?

For me, if i'm charging my phone, my screen is almost useless. Nothing is sensed correctly. I have to unplug it from the charger. Something about how the plug confuses where you are touching it.

Anyone else have this problem?

daceaki

Reaction score
not everyone is able to reach a verizon store,especially those who are waiting for the gsm droid x but eager to find out some issue concerning the mega phone

ffej89

Reaction score
The good thing about a forum is you can post issues with your phone. Many people visit the sight and have much insight on some of the everyday problems we run into.

theresa615

Reaction score
Picked up my new Droid X yesterdy, No problems with camera or browser. nothing lagging, just gotta get used to it I came from a BlackBerry Storm (the first one), so its all new to me. Loving the screen size camera is awesome. Try it you'll like it

j_XOwner

Reaction score
Same problem

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't correctly detect what I'm pressing when it's charging, that's if it detects anything at all. I have to unplug it to use it. I have a friend who, every time he presses the Phone icon on the bottom left of the home screen, it starts to load the dial pad but then goes back to the home screen. The signal bar also resets when he does this.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
That seems to be a "feature" on Android phones. Plug them in and touchscreen is horrible. Lay them flat on a table and you can't use them. Sad to see this is the case with the Droid X. Definitely a strong point for the iPhone.

cpinto

Reaction score
My original droid works perfect when on charge or laying flat.

hendrix

Reaction score
I used my Droid X while plugged into a PC charging just fine (also when laying flat).

tmoney2007

Reaction score
Now that we all have our X's, what issues are you guys finding?

For me, if i'm charging my phone, my screen is almost useless. Nothing is sensed correctly. I have to unplug it from the charger. Something about how the plug confuses where you are touching it.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm having the same problem. It doesn't correctly detect what I'm pressing when it's charging, that's if it detects anything at all. I have to unplug it to use it. I have a friend who, every time he presses the Phone icon on the bottom left of the home screen, it starts to load the dial pad but then goes back to the home screen. The signal bar also resets when he does this.

Question. Are you using the charger that came with it or a 3rd party. If I plug my droid 1 into the charger from my old BB storm, the screen goes wonky. If I use the one that came with it or usb from a computer it works just fine.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I'm curious of the audio jack. D1's has been my only real complaint.

and I type this from my Droid.

Thats actually one of my main concerns as well, the D1 always use to cause static and random starts and stop if the jack was touched even just a little. It was a real annoyance when trying to listen to music while walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.