droid x problem

alto77

Reaction score
hello everyone..i'm new to the forum....has anyone experienced a snag in startup? ex: the phone goes through the red circle...the to the word droid.... the back to red circle.. then back to droid.....seems there is an issue with a "bios" problem? any help/ideas are greatly appreciated....:)

cpjr

Reaction score
Its bootlooping.....to know why, we need to know what you've done with the phone. Rooted, custom ROM, installed apps lately, etc???

OP
A

alto77

Reaction score
i have installed some apps..i have around 25 or so... no other issues except some slow text response and an occaisional slow response to turning the phone on... i have had to take the battery out for a second,then turn it on for a response.... also i have a task killer installed along with a virus scan app... i have heard the weather bugg can cause problems ???

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've been doing this a long time (since Nov. 2009) and I strongly suggest you get rid of the Task Killer and the Virus app. They both cause issue. Remove them and see if your boot looping and freezing stops. If not, then I would try a factory hard reset.

Good luck.

OP
A

alto77

Reaction score
thanks how do i do a factory hard reset? bet you mnew that was coming...:):):)

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]To complete a Factory Data Reset:[/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]From any home screen of your phone, tap the Menu hard key.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Tap Settings.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Scroll down and tap Privacy.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Scroll down and tap Factory Data Reset.[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Tap Reset Phone, confirm to execute.[/FONT]
Or:

[FONT=&quot]To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

1. [FONT=&quot]Turn off phone[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=&quot]Press and hold Power key + Home hard key to power on the phone and bring up a triangle with an exclamation point inside next to a green Android graphic.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=&quot]Press Search hard key to show the Android recovery menu.[/FONT]
  4. [FONT=&quot]Tap to select "wipe data/factory reset" (you can also use Volume buttons to scroll up or down in this menu)[/FONT]
  5. [FONT=&quot]Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)[/FONT]
  6. [FONT=&quot]Handset will ask you to "Confirm wipe of all user data"[/FONT]
  7. [FONT=&quot]Select "Yes -- delete all user data"[/FONT]
  8. [FONT=&quot]Press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen prompt to start wipeout of phone, handset will begin to format handset showing progress with multiple lines of ellipses (....) (camera button can also be used to confirm selection)[/FONT]
  9. [FONT=&quot]Handset may take from 5-20 minutes to format.[/FONT]
  10. [FONT=&quot]When format is complete, press Menu hard key under "Ok" screen (or use the camera button) when prompted to reboot (Reboot system now will be highlighted)[/FONT]
  11. [FONT=&quot]You will see either an open box and the green android graphic when handset is rebooting (or the red DROID eye graphic).[/FONT]
  12. [FONT=&quot]Handset will be cleared of previous personal data, and you will need to start over with initial set-up process.[/FONT]

Good luck !!

OP
A

alto77

Reaction score
it worked thanks again "fly :icon_ banana:"