Droid X pre-order from Best Buy

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what is correct, not a big deal to me cus I was planning on using it anyway.

I preordered my M/Droid from Best Buy last year and I had to put a $50.00 downpayment in which I received a $50.00 gift card and I filled out a form with my name and address. On launch day when I picked up my Droid I brought my gift card, my form, my reciept for the gift card I purchased and another $150.00 plus tax and walked out with my Droid.

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

just4747

Reaction score
Not sure what is correct, not a big deal to me cus I was planning on using it anyway.
I preordered my M/Droid from Best Buy last year and I had to put a $50.00 downpayment in which I received a $50.00 gift card and I filled out a form with my name and address. On launch day when I picked up my Droid I brought my gift card, my form, my reciept for the gift card I purchased and another $150.00 plus tax and walked out with my Droid.

And during all of this, do they even check when your contract end date and/or upgrade date is?

What will they charge me in my case??: My contract ends on January 4th, 2011, and my upgrade date is this September.
Will I still get it for 199 from best Buy??????

What is my best bet to get this phone at the best price and on time?

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

And during all of this, do they even check when your contract end date and/or upgrade date is?

What will they charge me in my case??: My contract ends on January 4th, 2011, and my upgrade date is this September.
Will I still get it for 199 from best Buy??????

What is my best bet to get this phone at the best price and on time?

Yes they check, With that date you are look at full retail.

just4747

Reaction score
Well then when are they planning to give us the retail price since a lot of us will be paying that? LoL. Put the damn phone on the VZW site already!

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I was told when I preordered "right around $600"

just4747

Reaction score
I can't believe they wont count your annual upgrade.

Who me? Well I had been assuming up until now that they might count my 9/05/10 upgrade date and let me buy it at $199, since my contract end date is Jan 5th, 2011 and seemingly ineligible, but now all I am hearing is that the contract end date must be before 2011, so now I am not so sure. Kind of sucks.

$599 is a little much to be paying for me..

phatkat66

Reaction score
I can't believe they wont count your annual upgrade.

Who me? Well I had been assuming up until now that they might count my 9/05/10 upgrade date and let me buy it at $199, since my contract end date is Jan 5th, 2011 and seemingly ineligible, but now all I am hearing is that the contract end date must be before 2011, so now I am not so sure. Kind of sucks.

$599 is a little much to be paying for me..

I wasn't saying YOU personally, I mean "yours" like ownership (mine yours his hers whoever has an annual upgrade but not an NE2)

My annual is nov 2010 and the NE2 in July 2011 and my contract ends in September 2011 =( I can't afford 600.... damnit VZ needs to start their pre-order so I can use the 3g promo to get it

elgordo123

Reaction score
I plan on upgrading my Droid to Droid-X on the 15th (still debating pre-order). Anyway does anyone know if I can then give my droid to my wife to use? (She is using an old phone and wants to go android).
I should be able to do that right? It would be just like any other "old" phone right?

Thanks in advance.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I plan on upgrading my Droid to Droid-X on the 15th (still debating pre-order). Anyway does anyone know if I can then give my droid to my wife to use? (She is using an old phone and wants to go android).
I should be able to do that right? It would be just like any other "old" phone right?

Thanks in advance.

Yep you can do that, its easy. Just call from the phone and activate it on her line.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered and was the first at the store to do so. They did not check to see if I was eligible for a new line (which I am though). Also, the fine print says that you do not have to use the $50 gift card to buy the phone but you will need to pay the $199 when you pick it up using whatever method you want.

The store clerk told me they will call me a few days before the 15th to set up an appointment time.

My first Droid as well. Can't wait.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I find it hard to believe you can just buy the device at that price without them checking your account.

DeadlyAP1

Reaction score
I find it hard to believe you can just buy the device at that price without them checking your account.

I am sure they will check the day I pick it up. They just hand you a paper that asks for your name, address and phone number. Then you pay and get your gift card along with a copy of the pre-order form and reciept which you need to bring in to pick it up.