Droid x out of stock

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by nygrich, Aug 7, 2011.

1. nygrich

nygrich New Member

I had a 3g signal problem.went to vz store got it fixed by battery pull. They offered another Droid x replacement I said ok. X out of stock dx2 on way to my house. Pretty cool

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. Leung

Leung New Member

did you have to pay anything for it? my Droid X has been kind of wonky lately ever since the Gingerbread OTA. Even though i SBF'd it back to Froyo, it'll randomly reboot every now and then.
  3. nygrich

nygrich New Member

I paid nothing. They tried to replace my x but had no more. Just make sure u aren't rooted n r back to stock or gb

4. the11

the11 New Member

I had to call tech support for several problems and they agreed to send me a new phone, no questions asked. They didn't even try to fix it over the phone, but it is going to be another droidx
  5. Leung

Leung New Member

well i sbf'd it back to stock last night and so far so good.
  6. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Same issues!!!

I have had major problems with my phone shutting off and powering up by itself constantly. Also I've noticed when I play my music and tap the power button to turn the screen off and it completely restarts my phone turning off my music which pissed me off. My girlfriend has the same phone just as old as has been giving her the same problems as well but just not as concerned about it as I am. We've also made a move recently and our 3G signal is garbage as well as call service. We called today and told us we both will have a new X by tomorrow 3PM. I'll let everyone know how that goes...dancedroid
  7. aimless

aimless New Member

So did that X2 ever come in the mail?

8. nygrich

nygrich New Member

Ya I'm picking mine up at fedex in the morning BC they showed up when I was at work

9. nygrich

nygrich New Member

When I had mine rooted it powered down all the time. As soon I went back to froyo n upgraded to gb it was fine. If u have reception issues try *228. I'm not sure if they had u do that but it helped me. It resets the signal to the towers

10. aimless

aimless New Member

Man, I just called and they would only send me another X. They said moto will only do like phone replacement. Let me know how the X2 is for you when you pick it up.
  11. nygrich

nygrich New Member

I'm not sure if all x's r out of stock but the store I was at said there was no more. I guess I got lucky

12. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Thats only happened to you when you were rooted??? That's strange. I'm not rooted at all whatsoever. I was on stock froyo and when I was starting to notice some promblems my buddy that works with verizon recomended the update because I had saw it. Got the update and its been even more garbage then froyo was. So it's like it went from tiny problems to BIG problems with ONE update. I even did a data wipe and cache wipe before a reboot. Still no go. Looks like I'm guna have to see what I can do with this new phone. Hope it's brand new in the box and on Froyo. Would have no problem with that. No more updating until I read these forums and see how crappy they are and then your stuck and cant do anything unless you SBF back...no thanks...not trying to really learn the root/hack technique. With my luck I'd fry my damn phone and be S.O.L. Thank you for the info about the *228. Guna have to try that cuz to this minute my phone has yet still garbage signal for both mobile network and call service. Guess I'll let you all know how the new phone acts. Apparently they give me this new one and a box to send out my old one!? strange. But if I dont like the new one, THAT'S the one going back in the box. Will keep posted. Thanks all.
    :bling:
  13. mp3ster

mp3ster New Member

just got a fru x replacement yesterday... guess there back in stock... BOO!!!!
  14. aimless

aimless New Member

Did you get your DX2?
  15. nygrich

nygrich New Member

Ya got it today

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  16. aimless

aimless New Member

Awesome man, congrats. I'll have my replacement X tomorrow but I'm going to wait to activate it until friday so I can see my buddy at the Verizon store. I want to see if he can coach me on how to get an X2.
  17. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Deffinitly IN stock...sad...

Got my "Like-New" Garunteed Replacement Droid X...saddly not on froyo. Really Starting to hate this GB!!! Congrats on the DX2...yes, you got the lucky store sir. Wish I would have. But I must say it does seem a bit better then my original so far. No lag...fairly smooth. Signal is about the same. Activated it today and did the *228 about 20-30 minutes ago. Signal is still about the same. Did I do it right? I pressed one to program/activate. Played elevator music for a few seconds and the voice said programing complete. We'll have to play with it more to see if mine or my girl's X acts up. I'm not too worried as I have a Samsung Charge on the way but would still like to figure these problems out as my girl will still have hers. I'll be posting more and let everyone know how it goes. :woot:
  18. aimless

aimless New Member

Press option 2 to sync with the strongest satellites in your area. It will take longer then option 1 to program but will disconnect when finished.
  19. CP6608

CP6608 New Member

My wife had similar issues and they also sent her out a like new dx2. Luckily hers still had froyo.