Droid X OTA to Gingerbread!?

Technoman

Reaction score
Ya if we see gingerbread it prolly wont be till summer even so the droid x 2 and droid 3 posed to be out in may so people prolly going to upgrade me personally I can care less about these updates they are so slow to get the updates while other phones been had gingerbread I don't understand how the devs here can do a better job then google can google needs to get rid of there staff and replace them with jrummy pete pandroid all the modders basically

HUH? I am sorry, but this entire comment lost me other than you think that the P3 crew do a better job than Google.

You do realize that Google has nothing to do with the actual final version of OS that you get on your phone don't you?

That is between Verizon and Motorola.

What jrummy, pete, and all the other developers do is based on the original code from Google. Without it they could do nothing.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
If u actually read wat I said I said google should replace their staff with some of our devs we come to know and love so are u making a assumption that our devs wouldnt be up to the task
Ya if we see gingerbread it prolly wont be till summer even so the droid x 2 and droid 3 posed to be out in may so people prolly going to upgrade me personally I can care less about these updates they are so slow to get the updates while other phones been had gingerbread I don't understand how the devs here can do a better job then google can google needs to get rid of there staff and replace them with jrummy pete pandroid all the modders basically

HUH? I am sorry, but this entire comment lost me other than you think that the P3 crew do a better job than Google.

You do realize that Google has nothing to do with the actual final version of OS that you get on your phone don't you?

That is between Verizon and Motorola.

What jrummy, pete, and all the other developers do is based on the original code from Google. Without it they could do nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Technoman

Reaction score
I did read what you posted, but without Google and the people at Google the devs here would have nothing to work with. They devs here don't develop from scratch, they utilize the releases that Google makes of the versions of OS and they modify it.

You are blaming Google for something that you should be directing to Motorola and Verizon for causing problems with bloat and delays.

wad3g

Reaction score
I did read what you posted, but without Google and the people at Google the devs here would have nothing to work with. They devs here don't develop from scratch, they utilize the releases that Google makes of the versions of OS and they modify it.

You are blaming Google for something that you should be directing to Motorola and Verizon for causing problems with bloat and delays.

You are 100% correct in my opinion. Not taking anything away from the devs, though, as they do great work.

But there is no need for you to argue with Droid Anonymous, he doesn't even use any punctuation making his posts difficult to read.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
They both can equally share the blame.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
No one is arguing if you don't like the way I write then don't read what I write then I shared my opinion on this issue and so did the guy who commented

You are 100% correct in my opinion. Not taking anything away from the devs, though, as they do great work.

But there is no need for you to argue with Droid Anonymous, he doesn't even use any punctuation making his posts difficult to read.

Droid annoymous

Reaction score

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Sure, gb on a device that has no GPS and other faulty hardware. Lets not forget lag fix. Ill take a blur crippled device. At least blur can be" fixed" lol. I actually kind of liked some of the blur my phone came with. Though other parts were annoying. I'm not slamming samsung with no insight either, my best friend had the t mobile version. He hated how crippled it was.

sohaunted

Reaction score

Actually if you look closely, you'll see that his name is not "Anonymous" but "Annoymous" (Annoy-Mouse)
I find this much more accurate.

Lmao good one.

It looks like some of you are ill informed so let me clear a couple of things up.

Gingerbread for the DX/D2 is not being skipped, the Nexus One/S is running version 2.3 while all other phones that will be getting GB will be released as 2.4, its the same thing while the 2.3 namesake is exclusive to the Nexus line. As to why they decided to go that route who knows the bottom line is we'll be getting GB as 2.4.

As for it being a combination of honeycomb and gingerbread that is false, the honeycomb OS will never come to cellphones, some devs may port it over for shats and giggles but that's bout it, we will be seeing some features in honeycomb be incorperated into future versions of android OS though.

Hope this clears it up for some of you.

Last edited:

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Um ur wrong ice cream sandwich is after ginger bread which is honeycomb and gb parts together. Please don't post if u don't have accurate information please and thank u :)
(Edit)Also gingerbread is 2.3 ice cream sandwich is 2.4 so I don't know where u get your information but clearly you need to stop going to whatever website you look at because now your just cluttering this thread up with wrong information.

Actually if you look closely, you'll see that his name is not "Anonymous" but "Annoymous" (Annoy-Mouse)
I find this much more accurate.

Lmao good one.

It looks like some of you are ill informed so let me clear a couple of things up.

Gingerbread for the DX/D2 is not being skipped, the Nexus One/S is running version 2.3 while all other phones that will be getting GB will be released as 2.4, its the same thing while the 2.3 namesake is exclusive to the Nexus line. As to why they decided to go that route who knows the bottom line is we'll be getting GB as 2.4.

As for it being a combination of honeycomb and gingerbread that is false, the honeycomb OS will never come to cellphones, some devs may port it over for shats and giggles but that's bout it, we will be seeing some features in honeycomb be incorperated into future versions of android OS though.

qman66

Reaction score
Um ur wrong ice cream sandwich is after ginger bread which is honeycomb and gb parts together. Please don't post if u don't have accurate information please and thank u :)
(Edit)Also gingerbread is 2.3 ice cream sandwich is 2.4 so I don't know where u get your information but clearly you need to stop going to whatever website you look at because now your just cluttering this thread up with wrong information.

Lmao good one.

ice cream is not 2.4

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, first, you used a rumor as the basis for your argument, that ice cream sandwhich is next, and then tell him that he doesn't need to post without accurate information. Yet, from what we've heard from the likes of Andy Rubin and such says that Android 2.4 is next and backports the work they did to support dual core devices to the current Android version for phones.

Now, Ice Cream Sandwich, or whatever I turns out to be, has yet to be officially announced, talked about or spotted, so your information itself isn't that accurate.

You are quite the uninformed poster. And unpunctuated. See how well a post can flow when it uses some punctuation? ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk