Droid X or?

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Ok, I am finding that I may in a situation to upgrade my phone sooner than planned. I posted in the new member section but only 1 person has answered (and was helpful). My BB Storm is on it's way out the door as in crashing again! I am not big on change but have been considering the X. What are the pros to it? My last experience with Motorola was not a good one. However, that was a while ago then I went to LG and BB. What will be the biggest differences in making the switch and is it worth it. I love having a touch screen and will that be a plus since I am use to it?

Mikey311

Reaction score
this might help you

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/internal-droid-family-comparison.png

my personal opinion is the droid x. it's fast, reliable, and with the right tweaks the battery life is great. i've been using a physical keyboard my entire cell phone life and it was an easy switch to the virtual keyboard. also i'm using swype and it's great! so i would recommend the driod x, but if you want a physical keyboard and a smaller screen, wait for the droid 2

good luck with deciding and welcome to droid forums!

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Ok, I am finding that I may in a situation to upgrade my phone sooner than planned. I posted in the new member section but only 1 person has answered (and was helpful). My BB Storm is on it's way out the door as in crashing again! I am not big on change but have been considering the X. What are the pros to it? My last experience with Motorola was not a good one. However, that was a while ago then I went to LG and BB. What will be the biggest differences in making the switch and is it worth it. I love having a touch screen and will that be a plus since I am use to it?

Its funny how many BB Storm users are moving the DX (like I just did). Many original BB contracts are up now, and I think itll continue. I hope BB can get its act together, and soon. I could barely use my Storm for the past 2 months, contant hangs, lags, reboots....ect I guess you know what I am talking about.

You'll love the Droid X. The only things that the BB Storm may have done better is 1) the surepress keyboard, 2) email, and 3) outlook syncing.

If you can live without Outlook you will not miss your Storm. Typing on the DX is fine, but I make more mistakes because you cant hover over the letter before you press it, like you could on the BB. I miss being able to delete a hotmail from the Storm and have it auto delete from my hotmail acct, but thats not a huge deal, it just means that I have to log into hotmail often to keep my inbox clean.

good luck!

OP
Jenlj78

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies iyou both helped a ton!
I just ordered my Droid X! dancedroid
I figured since I never did syncing to Outlook I would not miss it!
Plus when my husband got home I fussed with his incredible and couldn't believe how fast I could text. I have to remind myself to slow down on the storm otherwise it lags bad. Which is not the biggest of my issues with it.

May I ask what is swype? I see I have a new language to learn :)

Zahoor

Reaction score
Swype is an awesome keyboard..it helps me type sooo fast..u will fall in love with it..u drag ur fingers..its kinda hard to explain but I'm sure u will love it :) there's videos of it on youtube just type swype keyboard :)

Immolate

Reaction score
They did forget to mention one rather important point. Once you get your X, you will never be happy with another cheaply constructed phone again. Worse yet... you'll never be able to tolerate a puny, pathetic little 3.5" screen again. Ever. Remember back when people carried beepers and they had one line of little dots that spelled out the number that paged you? Are you old enough to remember that? That's what 3.5" screens are like after the X. Tiny. Inadequate. Worthy of pity... nay... SCORN.

Mikey311

Reaction score
May I ask what is swype? I see I have a new language to learn :)

[video=youtube;YnQts9NUnL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnQts9NUnL4]YouTube - ‪How to Swype!‬‎[/video]