droid x or wait?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by droid 10, Oct 3, 2010.

1. droid 10

droid 10 New Member

we are going to switch to Verizon after alltel switches to at&t and i was wondering if i should go ahead and get the droid x or should i wait a little longer and see if something new is about to come out.. because i played with the droid x the other day and it looks to be one of the best phones i have ever seen, and if can do a **** load of stuff, but there is a rumored 1.2 GHZ processor coming out isnt there?
  2. abraham3660

abraham3660 New Member

I would wait till this holiday season. There are so many rumors of new phones coming out for verizon this holiday season i can't wait to see what comes true. Im really anxious to see if the rumor of a verizon phone coming out with Android 2.5 Gingerbread comes true. So, like i said, I would wait, or i have a feeling you'll be disappointed.
  3. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

Even with the Microsoft lawsuit looming, I say wait. The new devices speculated to come later this year and they are going to be fast and amazing. Give it a little time, the other posters are right.
  4. sharpz

sharpz New Member

verizon

I thought Alltel was bought out by Verizion? Why would the customers be going to AT&T?
  5. StupidGenius

StupidGenius Member

Verizon had to agree to divest portions of their Alltel holdings in order to get govt approval for the acquisition. AT&T acquired those customers.
  6. sharpz

sharpz New Member

Well that was dumb!
  7. misskassie11

misskassie11 New Member

umm its up to you. I have a droid X and absolutely love it. umm but droid x will be there when you decide so maybe wait until you see what the new season has coming. There is a rumor that in January the iPhone is coming to Verizon.
  8. mystified

mystified New Member

uhhh didn't the CEO of Verizon say a few days ago no Iphone to be on Verizon? mystified
  9. ram1000

ram1000 New Member

Not having used an Iphone I long for something other than my Droid. I seem to be one of the only persons not impressed with the Droid. While it does some things well over all I dislike the programing of it. Sometimes long waits for phone actions, sometimes poor phone reception - don't be ridiculous and tell me about poor service areas, I know about that and I'm talking about the same areas where another phone gets good service (in fact my employer made me take a company flip-phone because he could not make out what I was saying at times), sometimes slow response to calling out, it often starts another program when I quit one- again don't offer a program shut down app, it should not do this in the first place, it often changes the volume of my ring- usually lower so that I miss calls, I often have to take the battery out and do a hard reboot to get the phone to respond at all. I don't have but one program that is not a "MARKET" sourced program. I'm just fed up with the poor programing of this operating system. I will be anxious to see what MS offers in the future or how the iphone works. I realize that these other phones may have there own quirks and if that is what I discover I will be going back to a simple flip phone.
  10. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

Maybe you should check out to see if your device is malfunctioning before you slam the entire droid system, ram1000. Because it sounds to me its your device, not droid os itself.
  11. ram1000

ram1000 New Member

I'm not interested in your little quilt trip. I responded too someone wonderimg about this tool and will continue too give my insites. This is the second time I have input this text as often this feature will gp nack to the home screen by just hitting the next key...
  12. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

First off if you're going to snap at someone, at least spellcheck before you go on a trivial rant (i.e. insights instead of 'insites'). Secondly, common sense would tell you that if you come to a forum called droid forums with people who study and give advice to help those in need, then it is surmised that you are bound to receive a barrage of insults about devices WE are passionate about.
  13. Arkainzeye

Arkainzeye New Member

wait........
  14. ram1000

ram1000 New Member

I don't identify with emotional responses to a tool.so no mre responses to u.
    To the rest have you noticed more quirks in the updated operating system?
  15. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

At least a tool has a purpose, but only in the hands of one that has the wisdom to use it. Checkmate.
  16. Jboxen

Jboxen Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Everstar80 is simply trying to help you and gave no attitude. Also, I agree with him, it sounds as if your hardware is malfunctioning more than the actual android OS. And while it may seem there are a few more bugs in android than a simple flip phone or IOS, these are problems easily fixed by spending some time on this forum. Android is open source so its easy to fix simple bugs.
  17. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Awesome rant you have going on there ^^...exactly what part of it pertains to the OP`s question?

Yeah, exactly, none of it. The OP asked a simple question concerning whether or not he/she should go ahead and buy a Droid X or wait to see what other devices might be available in the near future. Nowhere in that original post did they ask for your emotional breakdown of why you personally do not like Android OS, Android devices, or your wanting to play with an iPhone. If ya feel so strongly about your issue, feel free to start a thread on a dedicated "I hate Android" forum, I am sure they would love to hear about your problems.

As for the OP`s original question...all I can offer is this..If you continually wait for the "next big thing", you will continually be waiting... New devices come to market about every 3-6 months on average, so if you wait and get a new device in December, you will then be "behind again" along about March or so. So, having said that, I say go ahead and get the Droid X, I am sure you will be quite happy with the device because it is an awesome device to have...and it will still be pretty awesome in 6 months...just not "new"....my $0.02.
  18. Phresh2Death614

Phresh2Death614 New Member

iphone is dead

You're ignorant for even mentioning an iphone on a drid specific website. Iphone isn't and never will be better than android because of the strict app limits set by apple. Droid all the way
  19. Zippster

Zippster Member

I think that was the same CEO who right after AT&T went to tiered data plans said Verizon wouldn't be......:blink:
  20. ram1000

ram1000 New Member

I don't think the phone has malfunctioned on its own way. O gave nothing bit examples
    Of my problems ang offet another. A friend bought the latest Droid about three weeks ago. I had warned him About the phone makin g calls by itself after it hun g up. I called him a couple days later getting this message: hi, this is Steve. I don't have a cell phone any more. Call me at my work number. He had tired of the pbone dialing on its own.