1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid X or wait for the next round of phones?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by djsiva, Oct 3, 2010.

1. djsiva

djsiva New Member

I was thinking about getting a Droid X this week and just wanted to get some opinions on what I should do?

Should I buy the DX? Or, waiit until the next round of phones is released? If you have a DX, are you extremely satisfied with it?

Thanks,
    Nate
  2. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

Get the x.
  3. 08CivicSiGuy

08CivicSiGuy New Member

i bought one as my first smart phone after playing with some of my friends phones, definitely like it and i'm pretty happy with my decision...when the next round comes out you might be thinking the same thing you are now, to wait again, so i'd say go to verizon and play with one, if you like it, get it!
  4. NYDroid

NYDroid New Member

My opinion is to get it now. I just got my X last Thursday and I have to admit that's it's the best phone I ever own. Especially after rooting it! I'm with Verizon and my contract was actually up in July for a new phone. I thought of the same thing of waiting it out but I know that 4G is not going to come anytime soon. By the time it does come out, I'll be eligible for another new phone from them. This X will hold for a while.
  5. GeneralZod

GeneralZod New Member

I'm eligible to upgrade at the end of this month. Consequently, I think my decision (to wait or get a DX) will be easier, as we should get a better picture of what VZW will release before year end. While it's true that there will always be a bigger, badder Droid, the fact that the release of the bigger, badder Droid is likely imminent may make it worth waiting for. Personally, I'd like to have my phone for at least a few months, before I'm made jealous of the phone that just came out.
  6. B.Wallace85

B.Wallace85 New Member

I HATE when that happens. LOL. Mine was Storm --> Droid --> Droid X. Hopefully another phone doesn't come out to make this one look dated.
  7. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

I would wait. The DX is an awesome phone and I love it. But newer devices will be rolling out in the coming months that you might like better. Then again, nothing Ive seen sports a 4.3" screen so If you want a big screen go with the X now. Heres the roadmap from Verizon that has all of the upcoming devices.

New Verizon Wireless Roadmap Leaked
  8. spider210

spider210 New Member

Lol get it now you will love it. If you are waiting for a new device you will get waiting forever and will never get a new phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. GeneralZod

GeneralZod New Member

None of those offerings mind blowing. The HTC Lexikon looks to be little more than a D2 with Sense, and the Motorola Venus is expected to look like a BlackBerry. Quite honestly, if I wanted a phone with the same screen real estate and qwerty keyboard as a BB Tour or Curve, I'd simply buy a BB Tour or Curve.

I won't be shocked if something more exciting is announced between now and month end. Manufacturers like to have something new to push for the holidays. However, if the road map stays as is, DX here I come.
  10. The_Iceman

The_Iceman New Member

Id go and just get the DX. Had iphones and then an eris and the D2. Now have the DX and there is no looking back. Gave my D2 to my daughter and even she likes my DX better than her D2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  11. CH-47vet

CH-47vet New Member

I had the D2 and used my 30 day trial on it and went with a DX instead, best decision I made, the DX ROCKS, it is a awesome phone and I won't mind waiting 2 years for another upgrade.
  12. abe7333

abe7333 New Member

Get one now. You won't regret it.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X
  13. tomnationwide

tomnationwide New Member

It's been months now and no better phone is on the market. Get it.
  14. GeneralZod

GeneralZod New Member

On the flip side... given the history of one-upsmanship in the Android universe, you could argue the fact that no one has topped the DX for months, means a superior device is imminent.
  15. tomnationwide

tomnationwide New Member

True and given that history waiting will yield only a slightly better phone until the Duo Cores are about to hit and that's not for 6 more months and DX will still be at or near the top of the heap.
  16. Bundyman

Bundyman New Member

I had the same question as you so I went to YouTube and researched as many demos as there were. I switched from the my BB Storm to the DX and had 2 days of bliss. Now the darn thing freezes every two minur=tes and even a battery pull doesn't help it anymore. I'm real disappointed..great phone when it worked.
  17. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu New Member

I love my X...and for the next 18 months I'm sure I'll be happy. Then I'll upgrade again like I always do.
  18. GeneralZod

GeneralZod New Member

I suspect you're correct and I suspect I'll wind up with a DX.

I too am coming from an S2. Hopefully you just have a bad phone (as Storm owners, we know how that goes). Or perhaps the coming Motorola patch for the 2.2 upgrade will help.
  19. jaws0813

jaws0813 New Member

I would with out a doubt wait. The X had alot of problems with it and motoblur slows the crap out of it. The droid pro which details recently released show it having a 1.3 ghz processor, should be out in november in time for christmas the rush (My Guess). and i bet HTC has something up there sleeve that they are getting ready to release around the same time. just remember your stuck with your decision for 2 years and u dont want to get the X and then in 2 months want to kick yourself in the butt for not wait. but thats just my opinion! :)
  20. KingTee

KingTee New Member

If HTC hasn't announced anything by now then its not coming. The only thing that has been seen is the lexicon.
Search tags for this page

is it worth waiting for new droid phones to come out