Droid X or wait for the next round of phones?

djsiva

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a Droid X this week and just wanted to get some opinions on what I should do?

Should I buy the DX? Or, waiit until the next round of phones is released? If you have a DX, are you extremely satisfied with it?

Thanks,
Nate

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a Droid X this week and just wanted to get some opinions on what I should do?

Should I buy the DX? Or, waiit until the next round of phones is released? If you have a DX, are you extremely satisfied with it?

Thanks,
Nate

Get the x.

08CivicSiGuy

Reaction score
i bought one as my first smart phone after playing with some of my friends phones, definitely like it and i'm pretty happy with my decision...when the next round comes out you might be thinking the same thing you are now, to wait again, so i'd say go to verizon and play with one, if you like it, get it!

NYDroid

Reaction score
My opinion is to get it now. I just got my X last Thursday and I have to admit that's it's the best phone I ever own. Especially after rooting it! I'm with Verizon and my contract was actually up in July for a new phone. I thought of the same thing of waiting it out but I know that 4G is not going to come anytime soon. By the time it does come out, I'll be eligible for another new phone from them. This X will hold for a while.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I'm eligible to upgrade at the end of this month. Consequently, I think my decision (to wait or get a DX) will be easier, as we should get a better picture of what VZW will release before year end. While it's true that there will always be a bigger, badder Droid, the fact that the release of the bigger, badder Droid is likely imminent may make it worth waiting for. Personally, I'd like to have my phone for at least a few months, before I'm made jealous of the phone that just came out.

B.Wallace85

Reaction score
I'm eligible to upgrade at the end of this month. Consequently, I think my decision (to wait or get a DX) will be easier, as we should get a better picture of what VZW will release before year end. While it's true that there will always be a bigger, badder Droid, the fact that the release of the bigger, badder Droid is likely imminent may make it worth waiting for. Personally, I'd like to have my phone for at least a few months, before I'm made jealous of the phone that just came out.

I HATE when that happens. LOL. Mine was Storm --> Droid --> Droid X. Hopefully another phone doesn't come out to make this one look dated.

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I would wait. The DX is an awesome phone and I love it. But newer devices will be rolling out in the coming months that you might like better. Then again, nothing Ive seen sports a 4.3" screen so If you want a big screen go with the X now. Heres the roadmap from Verizon that has all of the upcoming devices.

New Verizon Wireless Roadmap Leaked

spider210

Reaction score
Lol get it now you will love it. If you are waiting for a new device you will get waiting forever and will never get a new phone

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

GeneralZod

Reaction score
None of those offerings mind blowing. The HTC Lexikon looks to be little more than a D2 with Sense, and the Motorola Venus is expected to look like a BlackBerry. Quite honestly, if I wanted a phone with the same screen real estate and qwerty keyboard as a BB Tour or Curve, I'd simply buy a BB Tour or Curve.

I won't be shocked if something more exciting is announced between now and month end. Manufacturers like to have something new to push for the holidays. However, if the road map stays as is, DX here I come.

The_Iceman

Reaction score
Id go and just get the DX. Had iphones and then an eris and the D2. Now have the DX and there is no looking back. Gave my D2 to my daughter and even she likes my DX better than her D2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CH-47vet

Reaction score
I had the D2 and used my 30 day trial on it and went with a DX instead, best decision I made, the DX ROCKS, it is a awesome phone and I won't mind waiting 2 years for another upgrade.

abe7333

Reaction score
Get one now. You won't regret it.

"I know not with what weapons War World III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with stick and stones."-Albert Einstein.

Send from Droid X

GeneralZod

Reaction score
It's been months now and no better phone is on the market. Get it.
On the flip side... given the history of one-upsmanship in the Android universe, you could argue the fact that no one has topped the DX for months, means a superior device is imminent.

tomnationwide

Reaction score
It's been months now and no better phone is on the market. Get it.
On the flip side... given the history of one-upsmanship in the Android universe, you could argue the fact that no one has topped the DX for months, means a superior device is imminent.

True and given that history waiting will yield only a slightly better phone until the Duo Cores are about to hit and that's not for 6 more months and DX will still be at or near the top of the heap.